prologue✓

I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration, "You can't be serious.." I whispered.

I know that this would happen eventually, but I wasn't ready. I haven't been ready. I never will be ready.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart.. But we don't have enough money to keep you here and.." She sniffled and covered her face with her hands, "I just don't want to lose you." I frowned and looked at my mum as she was the same height as me. I wrapped my arms around her and sniffled, holding back the tears that were making my vision blurry. "It'll be okay.. I'll come back just like Elizabeth.. The guy buying me will.. Get over the taste of my blood and.. I don't know.. It'll be okay.. I'll come back." She sighed softly and I rubbed her back.

A loud bang came from the living room and two large men walked in, one smirking and the other had a straight face. "Mum, let go.." She ignored me and the men started walking towards us, "M-Mum, let go now!"

"No! I will not let them take my daughter!" She let go of me and stood in front of me, putting her arms out. "You'll have to go through me to get to m-" The one smirking grabbed her throat and I screamed, jumping on to the man but being caught by the other. "No! Please! Don't hurt her! I'll do anything! I'll go with you! Please!" I screamed as tears started rolling down my light pink cheeks, the man looked at me before gripping my mum's neck tighter and tighter until a snap was heard and my mum's helpless breathing was gone.

She was dead.

They killed her.

"Fuck you!" I screamed and started to claw the air that was in front of me, trying to reach him, but failing miserably. They ignored my cries and screams as they pulled me out of my home, I screamed 'help' a few times. Everyone just looked at me and gave me apologetic eyes, they just stood there.

No one will help me.

I'm going off to die. I felt heavier tears falling uncontrollably down my cheeks and I sobbed loudly, "please.." I felt something hard hit my head and my vision went black.