13

- Harry -

I ran my fingers through my curls, "You aren't serious, are you?" I glanced down at her.

Pain was written all over her face and I couldn't tell if she was lying or not.

"I'm telling the truth, Harry! She met me in her town and we had become the best of friends until one night she was over and she stole my necklace. She said something like, 'My lifelong partner isn't going to be a petty vampire so I'm taking your necklace.' and left with it no matter how hard I tried to get it back!"

I stared at her, her eyes flickered to my eyes then my necklace. She's lying.. Grace would have never said 'lifelong partner' or 'necklace'.. She calls it a pendant and she calls me her 'other half'.

I growled lowly and gripped her arms, lifting her off the floor and slamming her against the wall. "You think you can come in here with Grace's necklace and try to lie to me about it!" I screamed at her and she winced, a sharp breath was heard after. "You're pathetic! All three of you! You, Marcel, and Evan! Do you think I'm stupid? Do you think it pains me to see her die?"

She got a devious looking grin, "It pains you more than anything. She was worth more than Vanity to you and you know it. Grace is actually valuable even as a vampire, if you hadn't met her she would've been sold off to those dreaded wolves."

I dug my nails into her arms and slammed her hard enough into the wall to break every bone in her mortal body, "You don't speak about Vanity! You DON'T speak about Grace! And Yo-"

"Lord Harry!" I growled and dropped Spencer, she landed on the floor and began to cough up blood. Serves that bitch right. "What, Mags?!" I shouted at my maid and she jumped, "S-Someone's here to see you.." I stared at her for a few seconds before nodding slowly. "Get some guards to put her in a cellar and get that necklace off of her.." Mags nodded and I walked out into the hall, heading towards the dining room.

- Mags -

- Before she went to get Harry -

"Mags, darling! You need to wear your hair down, you haven't since Grace was killed." I felt tears forming in my eyes and I sniffled, I quickly wiped away the tear that was sliding down my cheek. "Oh! I'm sorry, baby.. I didn't mean to hurt you.." Eva spoke softly and I sighed as I started shaking my head.

I set down the basket of Lord Harry's laundry and gripped the handles, "I miss her.. We all do, or well.. Most of us. The lords have begged me not to talk about her with Lord Harry because it's just too much for him to bare. He's been so angry lately that I'm afraid to be around him. If Grace was here, he'd be happy as can be and the castle wouldn't seem so gloomy. It's just har-"

"Mags.." Eva was looking behind me towards the large doors that rested in the middle of the entrance room. I turned around and squinted, lightening struck through the door and I immediately knew who it was.

"Grace!" I shouted and ran down the stairs, I jumped towards her and wrapped my arms around her tightly which she exchanged. "Oh, Grace! You would not belie- Wait!" I grabbed her arms and held her out a bit. I examined her body, no marks except for the stab wound on her leg.

Stab wound.. Blasted humans!

"You're alive?! But how?!" She cleared her throat and began to speak, "I-" I quickly cut her off and stared into her eyes. "Tell me everything that happened while I get you a cup of water. You lost your voice, you poor thing and you probably have a cold from running or walking through the rain." I grabbed her hand and walked up the stairs with her, Eva frowned. "Eva, will you please take care of Lord Ha-"

"Harry!" Grace quickly shouted and yanked me towards her, "Where is he?! I need to see him! Is he okay, please tell me Mags! He didn't kill himself or anything! No stake through the heart or some shit like that!" Grace said it quickly and gripped my arms. I placed my hands on her cheeks and smiled, "No, love. He's perfectly fine, psychically but mentally.. He's not that well."