01✓

I woke up from someone shaking me.

Her hair was light brown, her eyes were hazel, and she looked horribly scared. I quickly sat up and my eyes flickered around the girls staring at me, "Where am I?"

"The train." I raised an eyebrow, "Is it.." They all nodded and I frowned. There was about 40 or 50 girls here and some were younger than 16. It scared me. "What's your name?" I looked at the hazel eyed girl and she smiled.

Why are you smiling? We're all about to get the life sucked out of us.

"G-Grace. You?" She helped me to my feet and sat down, I sat down next to her and gulped. "Eleanor." I smiled at her a bit, "You have a beautiful name, Eleanor." She nodded and leaned on me. "Why are you here?" I questioned and she sighed, "My parents got tired of paying for me, so here I am. I lived with my snobby rich family." I raised an eyebrow and frowned.

"So your family decided to let their daughter get used as a walking blood bank?" She nodded and we laughed a bit by my choice of words. I looked into the eyes of a girl sitting across from me, she looked about 16. I frowned and Eleanor entwined her fingers with mine as a young female walked in.

"All of you smell delicious, but I'm sadly broke." She pouted and I realized she was a vampire, I sighed. She looked at me and skipped over to me, running her slim fingers through my hair and grinning at me. She inhaled, "You smell extremely delicious, my dear. Might I have a taste?" She purred and quickly jumped back as another vampire walked in.

"Darcy, you know the rules." She nodded nervously and gulped, "Sorry, Sir Walter." I rubbed my temple and sighed once more.

Right, the vampire ranks.

Lord is the highest rank and there are only 5.

Prince is second highest and there are none because.. Lord, prince.. The lords haven't had any children.

Warrior is third and there are too many to count.

Medics is fourth and there are only 10 or 11.

Then there's Sir and there are about 20 or 30.

Then its scamps and there are loads of them. They all live in the cities and stuff.

'Darcy' is a scamp and 'Walter' is a Sir.

"Alright. Girls, we are arriving soon and I'm going to need to.. Tag you." He gestured two other vampires in as Darcy skipped over to him and planted a sweet kids on his lips, I stood up quickly and spoke up. "Is he your other half?" Darcy looked at me and nodded, she pulled out her necklace and pulled out his. She put them together and the molded with each other, showing the full image of what the pendant was.

Theirs was a Christmas tree. It was cute.

She pulled them apart and walked out of the small room, "alright." I sat down and fiddled with my fingers until he finally reached me. "Here's you tag, clip it to your bra strap. They'll do the rest." He handed me a tag and walked off, I read the tag.

'43'

That's my least favourite number, could this get any worse?

The train came to a halt and some girls gasped as the others began to sob loudly, I looked at Eleanor and she was breaking down. "What's wrong?" I rubbed her back and she took in a shaky breath, "I just hope I'm taken in by one of the lords.. People say they're gentle." I nodded and pulled her into a hug. "Alright! Stand up!" We all stood up, but I was still hugging Eleanor, all the girls began to walk out as another vampire took in how many of us there was. I let go of Eleanor and stepped out, I looked at the vampire and gave a soft smile. She just nodded and I was grabbed by my wrist, pulled into a room full of the rest of the girls. My torso was engulfed by cold air as was my legs from my pants and shirt being ripped off, my vision went black before I was looking back at the rest of the girls.