Epilogue

"Nerd!"

Spinning around, I realized the worst bully in school, Groose, held his fist in midair. He was aiming for my books that I held in my arms. I winced, realizing I couldn't pull my arm from under my books fast enough. Bracing for impact, I closed my eyes, unable to stop what he was going to do.

I waited a few moments before opening my eyes, Groose's fist never landing on my books.

I smiled.

"Lay your hands off of her, okay?"

Link was clutching Groose's wrist, right above his head. Groose looked up at Link in fear, pulling his hand away and running down the hallway.

I sighed. "It's good to be back, huh?"

Link stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Just great."

"At least we didn't miss anything," I added quickly, hoping to cheer up Link's spirits.

Link shrugged his shoulders. "Sure, but no one knows how much you've grown over the course of the few months we were gone. Everyone still treats you like-"

"A terrible, helpless, nerdy brat," I interrupted, smirking.

Link nodded. "Precisely." He looked out ahead of him and down the hallway for a moment, when he gasped, facing me again. "Not that you are!"

I laughed, pulling my books up to my chest. "It's okay, I understood what you meant." We continued walking to our next class, when Midna and Agitha greeted us by our classroom.

"Hiya, Zellie!" Agitha chirped, linking arms with me. I tousled my books in my other arm, trying to balance them. Link laughed, taking them from me. I thanked him with a quick smile, and he responded with a wide grin.

"I thought we could have lunch outside under the trees in the back of the school," Midna offered, shaking her lunch around. "Y'know, just the four of us?"

I nodded my head. "Sounds fun! We just have to get through chemistry first." I rolled my eyes, just as we entered our classroom.

Taking our seats, Link placed my books in front of me. The chemistry tables sat students of four, so naturally we all sat together. Midna sat on the end, then Agitha, me and Link. Other students were standing around, laughing and conversing with one another. I sighed, completely bored before the class even started.

"Alright, class! Take your seats!"

Midna, Agitha and Link all stared at me. I rubbed my eyes, trying to compile my thoughts together.

I turned my head toward Link. "It couldn't be."

The four of us faced the entrance of the classroom, watching as the tall woman strutted her way inside.

"I will be your substitute today, while Mr. G is out at on a vacation," she said in an all-too familiar voice.

One student, Talo, groaned. "Ghirahim is always taking off when school is almost out of session."

The substitute smiled warmly. "Doesn't he prefer you to call him Mr. G?"

A girl named Saria shook her head. "We used to have a student nicknamed G, so we just called him Ghirahim. He was totally fine with it!"

The substitute cocked her head to one side. "Where is this G student you're talking about? He doesn't seem to be here... where is he?"

Everyone seemed to lower their heads.

"He went missing a few weeks ago," a student named Mido spoke everyone's thoughts. "No one knows where he is."

The substitute frowned. "Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that."