Chapter Fourteen

"Now, Zelda, watch as I kill your puny little Hero! He is no match for the Evil King! I will slice him into little bits like I did to your father, four thousand years ago! And then, you will become my wife and rule Hyrule with me, for all of eternity!"

__________________

"Link!" I screamed, bolting upright in his arms. Link had his arms wrapped around me, and I had shook them off when I jumped up like that.

Off of instinct, Link jumped up as well, grabbing my arm and pulling me closer to him. He opened his eyes and rubbed them, trying to clear his vision. "What's wrong?" He asked quickly, trying to look around for any danger or possible threat.

I began breathing heavily, trying to control my tears. "G-Ganon is trying to attack you, and kill you, a-and..." I held my hands over my chest, trying to calm myself. "H-He said he was going to force me to..." I stopped, a wave of embarrassment flooding over me.

Link looked at me. "Force you to, what, Zel?"

I stared at Link for a moment, then shook my head. "N-Nothing important." Before Link could speak, I stood up and pulled him with me. "Can we, like, do something about this now? I'm kinda getting tired of waiting around."

Link laughed quietly. "I don't know. I don't even know how to contact Impa."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Could we call Midna?"

Link nodded. "I think that's our best bet right now."

I smiled, walking over to my kitchen and picking up my phone, where I had left it earlier. "It's Friday, right?" I asked Link.

"Mhm," he nodded, sitting down. He took a banana from my fruit bowl and began peeling it.

I rolled my eyes. "Did I say you could have that?"

Link looked up at me sadly. "No?"

I laughed. "I'm kidding. Eat."

Link laughed. "Weirdo." He began eating the banana as I dialed Midna's number.

I put her on speakerphone as soon as she answered. "Hey, Midna!" I said.

"Hey Zelda! What's up?"

"Do you know if there's, like, anything we can do? To, y'know, move forward in this war?"

"If you are implying to contact Impa, I have no idea how to do so." Midna sighed. "However..."

I looked at Link strangely, and then looked back down at my phone on the table. "H-However...?"

"I hear that there is some... Underground desert, that someone must travel to."

"Underfround defert?" Link mumbled, his mouth full of banana.

I laughed, then nodded. "How could there be an underground desert?"

"See, that's the thing. There is no such thing as an underground desert. But, if you, Zelda, use your magic, you just might be able to go back in time, to Hyrule's period, and gain all of the knowledge and weapons you need to defeat Ganon in this period."

I shook my head hesitantly. "I-I can't do that... There's no way!" I laughed sadly. "I mean... I tried using my magic, and I can barely move my legs..."

Link swallowed, then put a hand on my shoulder. "Zelda, I bet you could do it."

"Oh, hey Link!" Midna laughed.

"Hey, Midna!" Link replied with a smile. Then, he looked back at me, his expression completely serious. "Zelda, I know you can do it."

I laid my arms on the table, holding my head in my hands. "I don't know, Link..." I looked at him, then looked at the floor. "I don't know."