Chapter Twenty

Something changed inside of me that day. I had tried to run away from love, to try and hide from it. I figured that if no one loved me, no one would get hurt.

However, Link taught me that when you love someone, you have to make sacrifices. That, no matter what happens, if you truly love someone, you will overcome any obstacle for that special person.

And, my god, was he right.

_______________

I waved to Nabooru, the glistening, hot sun burning against my pale skin. "I promise, we'll come back to visit!"

Nabooru waved back, holding one arm in the air, and cupping her mouth with the other. "Yes, be sure to come back before you go to the future!"

I nodded. "Of course!"

Link laughed. "Alright, Zelda. Let's hurry before our magic supply runs out."

I slowly tilted my head downwards. "Oh, right... Since she's no longer here, our magic supply has-"

Link grabbed me by the shoulders. "Zelda, come on. Don't think about it." He smiled. "I don't want to see you cry ever again."

Just him saying that made me almost tear up! I thought. I laughed. "Okay, I promise I won't."

Link nodded, pulling on my arm as he began running. "Well then, let's go!"

I threw my fist into the air, running besides Link. "Yeah, let's go!"

_________________

After wandering throughout Hyrule Castle Town for what seemed like hours, Link and I gave up. We had asked around for any source of information about the "Hero's Weapon," but it was all to no avail.

"Crap!" I cried, slamming my hands down at the table Link and I sat at. We were in a bar, but the name of it slipped my mind.

Link laughed nervously. "Now, Zelda, don't get too angry..."

I growled, looking up at him. "We've talked to everyone in town, and we still haven't found any clues!"

"Everyone, you say?"

I slowly turned my head, facing a tall, tan-skinned woman. She looked intimidating. "A-And you are, ma'am...?"

The woman proudly put her hands on her hips. "Oh, me? Darling, my name is Telma! I own his bar," she laughed, leaning in towards me.

I backed away, laughing nervously. "O-Oh. Well, since you asked, do you know anything about the Hero's Weapon?"

Telma stared at me for a minute, still smiling. In one quick movement of her head, she laughed. "Nope!"

I groaned, slamming my head against the table.

"Z-Zelda!" Link said worriedly.

"However..." Telma said, her voice lowering.

I looked up and watched as Telma pointed to the very back of the bar. "Those darlings over there should know, hon!"

I looked over to where Telma was pointing. There was a tall, blue-haired girl standing beside a table, her hand holding herself up. She was looking down at a map. There were three other men sitting there, one with a rusty helmet on. One man had brown hair and rounded glasses, while the other had grey hair and a muscular body.

"They come here often, to discuss things I would never hope to understand!" Telma stated. "Now, are you two going to order or what?"

Link smiled. "What's your preference?"