Chapter Nine

Bzzt, bzzt, bzzt, bzzt...

I opened my eyes. I was laying on the carpet floor in front of my bedroom door. I yawned, stretching out my arms.

Bzzt, bzzt, bzzt, bzzt.

I looked to my right and saw my phone vibrating. I remembered I had put it on silent before. I picked it up and saw that Agitha was calling.

"Hey," I said wearily.

"Zelda!" She yelled. "Zelda, are you okay?!"

I shook my head, fully waking myself up. "Yes? I'm fine. Is there something wrong?"

"I texted and called you all day! You haven't answered any of them!"

I rubbed my eyes. "I'm sorry, I've been sleeping a lot lately."

Agitha sighed. "Well, you better cut that out. We are supposed to be going to the mall today, remember?"

"What time is it?" I asked, my eyes starting to shut.

"Almost two."

"Really?" I said, astonished. Everything that happened today must have only taken a few hours, which was shorter than I thought it would have been.

"Yes, really," Agitha sighed once more. "Now come on! I'm coming to pick you up now, whether you're ready or not. I'll be there around ten minutes."

"Wait-"

Agitha hung up on me, and I dropped my phone.

I stood up and opened my bedroom door. Link was still lying on my bed sound asleep. I walked over beside him and smiled, looking at his peaceful face.

Am I destined to fall in love with him?

I shook the idea from my mind, and I gently pushed Link's shoulder. "Link..." I whispered.

He moved his head under the pillow he was laying on. He groaned. "What?"

I smiled. "It's almost two o' clock."

He peeked out from under the pillow. "Really?" He croaked.

I nodded. "Yeah."

Link pulled the pillow off his head. He placed it back down where it was before. "Was I asleep?"

I laughed sarcastically. "No, you were dancing."

Link pushed my shoulder. "Shut up."

We both laughed as he slowly put his legs over the side of my bed and stood up. He stretched out his arms, revealing a bit of his abs underneath his shirt. I blushed, turning away and moving out of the room.

"Zelda?" He questioned, following me out of my room.

After I ran downstairs and into my kitchen, I couldn't help but laugh. I held my stomach and began laughing harder than I ever had before. I stood up straight and wiped the tears from my eyes. I turned around, and Link was standing behind me.

He laughed. "What's so funny?"

I beamed. "Nothing, really. I just felt like laughing, I guess."

Link smiled. "You have a cute laugh."

I turned back around, blushing even more. "Ha, thanks." I began moving plates and cups around in the cupboards, trying to distract myself. Without noticing, my hand began shaking. Link walked over besides me.

"Whatcha doin'?" He asked, leaning one hand against the kitchen counter.

"Just getting some things out for lunch."