Chapter Thirty

Link's POV

"Link...! Link...! Why, Link? Why would you let this happen?"

I gasped, sitting upright in the bed I laid on. I slowly placed a hand on my forehead, feeling the beads of sweat drip down my cheeks. I pushed the black blankets off of my overheated body. I swung my legs over the side of the bed, still holding my head in my hands.

Where am I? I thought to myself, trying to gather any recollection of what had happened in the last twenty four hours. Right. Ilia's house. How did I even get here, again?

The door to the room opened, and in walked Ilia. She wore a pink skirt and a blue top, showing a bit of her stomach. She smiled happily. "Oh, Link! I'm so glad you're finally awake!"

I nodded, averting her gaze and looking out the window on the other side of the room.

That voice... Who was calling out to me before?

"Are you alright?"

I looked back over at Ilia. She looked worried.

I smiled. "I just... Feel like I'm forgetting something, or I'm supposed to be somewhere right now..."

Ilia's eyebrows rose. "So, you're not okay?"

I shook my head slowly. "If you don't mind...? I'd like to be left alone right now... Just for a little bit..."

Ilia nodded quickly, running out of the room. I watched her as she left, leaving behind a sweet scent. I sighed heavily, clutching the blanket beside me. I ruffled my messy hair, closing my eyes, trying to remember what was going on.

I fell back down onto my pillow, looking up at the ceiling. I stared at the small dents in the white, choppy ceiling, creating little pictures in my head. There was suddenly one picture; connecting the dots, I found this certain one to be quite different than anything else I had seen.

It looked to be a girl in a long dress. She wore brown boots that rose up to her shins. White gloves wrapped her forearms and hands. She was skinny, and looked frail. She didn't look weak, however; no, she looked strong.

My eyes began to shut slowly.

No, I can't fall asleep. I have to remember... I tried to forced my eyes back open, but they just continued to close.

No... Please, no... I have to remember...

I opened my eyes before shutting them for the last time.

Remember...

Remember what?

________________

I could hear a voice. A soft, calming voice, like a mother's voice - reassuring, gentle, and full of love. I felt like the voice was calling out to me in some way. I opened my eyes, looking up at the white ceiling. I still laid on Ilia's bed.

I pulled the blanket off of my body, realizing I wasn't wearing a shirt. My face became warm. Had Ilia found me like this? I shook my head. Not that I cared. Ilia can fawn over me all she wants. There's someone else I love.

Someone else... But who?! I pulled a bit at my blonde hair, trying to remember the girl's name. I was somewhere with someone that I cared about, and then...

Instantaneously, a golden glow began to emit from the plain, chalky ceiling. I shielded my eyes from the bright light, squinting them in order to see what was going on.

My heart suddenly felt at ease, as if the presence of this light was healing me. I looked back up at the light, watching as the figure of a girl became visible. She wore a white dress, and she had long brunette hair. I couldn't make out her facial features, however.