Chapter Sixteen

They littered the entire place.

Gerudo women, dressed in revealing outfits, holding long swords in their hands. Most of them seemed to be on guard, while a small handful of others were socializing. The guards walked back and forth, searching for any unwanted company on their town's grounds.

I hastily slid back down my rope, running besides Midna, shaking her body forcefully.

"Get up, Midna!" I whispered a bit loudly. "We need to get out of here!"

She moaned. "Where are we?" She asked.

I frowned. "The Gerudo Fortress."

Midna's eyes shot fully open. She held a hand to her head, sitting up. She stared at the ground. "I..."

"Do you remember anything?" I leaned over her.

Midna nodded. "They... Do not allow boys to be here." She looked up at me, then we both looked down at Link, still asleep as a beast.

I ran my hands through my hair. "Oh, no! What do we do? He's a beast, yet they think he's a boy..."

Midna stood up, holding my hands. "Listen to me, Zelda," she reassured me, "we must not panic. All will end well, if we keep an open and positive mind."

I nodded. "Y-You're right." I looked back down at Link. "Do you even... Know how we could turn him back to normal...?"

Midna shook her head. "It will be a long journey to return him to his rightful state." She looked at me. "You must keep that black cloak on. It will protect you from any of the forbidden twilight, in case it touches you."

I pulled the cloak closer to my body. "How did the twilight change Link, but yet it did not change the Gerudo women outside?"

Midna shrugged her shoulders. "I do not know..." she walked besides Link, kneeling beside him. "It is strange... I feel as if we need to take Link to a certain place, but the image of the location has not yet come to my mind..."

I kneeled beside Midna, smiling. "It's okay," I said, putting a hand on her shoulder. "We will find a way to turn him back, and-"

"Are the prisoners awake?"

I stopped talking, and I stared at Midna. 'What do we do about Link?' I mouthed to her.

She shook her head, then her hands. She grunted, casting an invisibility spell on Link. He disappeared, yet I could still feel the soft fur on his body.

"I believe they should be awake at this moment."

"I shall check on them, then."

The door swung open, and a tall woman with long blonde hair, pulled into a large ponytail, stepped into the room. She held a long sword over her shoulders. A small piece of transparent cloth rested on her mouth. She wore a small blue top, with long blue bottoms. Her shoes were pointed on the ends.

"Get up!" She snarled.

Midna grabbed my hand and pulled me off of the ground.

"Now, come, follow me!" The woman demanded.

Midna and I nodded, following after the strange woman. Before the door shut behind me, I watched as the invisibility spell on Link dispersed, and he returned as the beast.

I bit my lip, shutting the door behind me. Midna held my hand as we walked to a dining room, a long table sitting in the middle of the room. A tall, tan woman sat at the end of the table. She looked almost the same as the guard that was walking Midna and I here.