Chapter Seventeen

"You don't say," Nabooru whispered, staring at Midna and I.

I nodded my head slowly. "It is all the truth."

Midna stood up. "Zelda and I have to go find our friend now, we are sort of in a hurry."

I looked at Midna worriedly. "W-We are?"

Midna nodded. "Wait, I never told you?"

"What's going on?" Nabooru said, standing up.

Midna looked at Nabooru, then back at me. "Our magic supply will only last us seven days, at most."

I looked at the ground. "One week."

Midna took my arm. "Yes, meaning we have to find Link, and hurry out of here-"

"Lady Nabooru!" A guard yelled, running into the room.

Nabooru ran over to her side. "Yes? What is it?"

The guard grunted, blood dripping from her arm. "There is... A beast, in the prisoner's cell. Three other guards are trying to get rid of it now."

I looked at Midna, our eyes wide.

"A beast?" Nabooru gasped.

The guard nodded. "Yes. The others are probably killing it as we speak."

I bolted out of the room, Midna, the other guard, and Nabooru quickly following me.

"Stop it!" Midna and I were screaming at the top of our lungs. "Don't kill the beast! Don't kill him!"

We ran over to the cell, watching as a guard was thrown against the brick wall. She cried out in pain, standing up. She limped back over to the door of the cell, walking back in with a spear.

"No!" I screamed, pushing the three guards aside. I jumped over beside Link, wrapping my arms around his neck. I pet his head, trying to calm him. His bright blue eyes had turned a darker color.

I rested my head on his. "It's okay, it's okay..." I whispered in a calming voice.

The guards stood back in awe as Link's eyes changed back to normal.

The beast licked my cheek, and I giggled. "Hey, stop that!" I laughed. Midna walked over and kneeled beside us.

"H-How were you able to tame that beast?!" The guards yelled.

"He's not a beast!" I retorted. I looked down at Link. "Well, he is, but he wasn't before."

"Before...?" Nabooru stepped forward.

I nodded, crossing my legs, and sitting beside Link. "Link, say hi to Nabooru."

Link barked loudly, wagging his tail.

I laughed. Nabooru walked in front of the guards, kneeling before Link.

"This was... The friend you spoke of?" Nabooru questioned, inspecting Link.

Midna laughed. "Well, you see, dark magic turned him into a beast." She scratched behind his ear. "And, now, here we are."

Nabooru turned toward Midna. "Can you change him back?"

Midna nodded. "There's a place that still hasn't come to my mind..." she leaned her head back. "It's a place guarded by spirits of light, yet... I do not remember it's location."

Nabooru smiled. "The Spirit's Spring," she said, snapping her fingers. "There is one up by a Faron Woods."

Link suddenly stood up on all fours.