Chapter Twenty-Three

Link and I finally made our way out of the Great Fairy's cave. She said her goodbyes, wished us luck on our journey, and gave us a few bottles full of potions that could, "do mystical wonders," she had said. Link and I took them, grateful of her wisdom and guidance.

"But," Link began as we walked out of the cave; "don't you possess the Triforce of Wisdom?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "To be honest, I don't know what part of the Triforce I have."

Link smiled. "Well, I figured I had the Triforce of Courage."

I stared at Link.

"Because, yanno, I'm the Hero and all," he said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes. "Then Ganon must posses the Triforce of Power."

Link beamed. "There you go! You finally caught up!"

I elbowed him, pretty hard, too. "I guess I do have Wisdom, then."

"You'll probably think of something smart along the way," Link figured. "And, I mean, you always did ace all of your classes in our school."

I squinted my eyes. "How did you know that?"

"I'm in all of your classes, dummy."

"Oh, I knew that."

"Hm, maybe you don't have the Triforce of Wisdom. You think there's such a thing as the Triforce of Stupidity? I think you have that one."

I gasped, laughing. "Hey! That's not very nice of a Hero of Legend to say!"

Link chuckled, holding his hands up in defense. "Well, considering you weren't up to date with everything going on-"

"Shut it!" I laughed. "You're ridiculous, I swear."

Link stopped.

I stopped as well. "What's the matter?"

Link looked at the ground. Then he looked up, pointing towards the tiniest opening. "The village. It's that way."

I looked at the small hole. "That way...? A village?" I held my stomach, laughing. "There's no way, Link. You're delusional."

Link rolled his eyes, kicking the back of my leg. "Just go, Zel."

I smiled, nodding my head as he said the nickname he gave me. I slowly walked over to the hole, crouching down.

I looked back at Link. "Do you want to go first?"

"Are you scared?" Link held out the last word, holding his hands on his hips. He bent down closer to me, a sly smile on his lips.

I blushed. "Of course not!"

Link kneeled down beside me. "Well, then. Ladies first!"

I grunted, going onto my hands and knees.

I gasped, standing back up.

"What's the matter?" Link laughed. "Is there a scary spider on the side of the pathway?"

I blushed, moving over to the side. I held my hands behind my back, pulling down my shorts as much as possible. "I'd, uh, appreciate it if you went first, Link."

Link stared at me for a minute. I cocked my head to the side, looking at the ground, trying to hide my blush. I continued to tug at the bottom of my shorts. Link's eyes widened, and I saw his face turn crimson.

"O-Oh, sure," Link mumbled, entering the small opening.

I smiled. "Thanks!"

I heard Link laugh. "It's no problem.