Chapter Twenty-Nine

He killed Agitha.

My best friend.

The only girl I loved.

The only girl I could call a friend.

The only person that stuck by me for my whole life.

The girl I didn't want to drag into this.

The girl I wanted to protect.

The girl I loved with all of my heart, and the girl that loved me even more.

Did she die because of me?

Is this my fault?

Maybe...

Maybe if I wasn't born; if I hadn't have been born...

Maybe she'd be alive...

Right?

I knew, all along, that she saved me that day...

She was the one that saved me from falling to death... The one that summoned so many butterflies to catch me when I fell...

Those beautiful bugs she loves more than anything...

Oh, Agitha...

I miss you...

__________________

I awoke once more, tears streaming down my cheeks. It was the third time this night I woke up crying. Each time I believed I was within the most horrible nightmare ever.

But each time I would wake up, I would realize that I wasn't dreaming a nightmare.

I was living it.

I slapped my hand against my forehead, then winced when I remembered the shackles wrapped securely around both of my wrists. G had trapped me within a large castle he developed somewhere underground, hidden away from anyone living in Hyrule. He secluded me away from anyone. For some strange reason, he wished to stay in the past, rather than going to the future.

Probably because Link is in the future, I told myself. I miss him... And Agitha, and Midna...

I looked around my room, which was more like a prison cell. Three walls were just bricks, while the entrance was actual cell bars. I threw my legs over the side of my bed, feeling more nauseous with every move I made. G had forced me to wear a white gown, rather than my dress, or regular clothes.

I stood up off of my bed, straightening out my gown. The chains clanked together, and the noise made me cringe. I slowly stepped over to the entrance of the room, banging my shackles against the metal bars. I stared out into the long, dark hallway.

I heard footsteps.

I knew it was G, but, it was strange.

I didn't feel anything.

Sadness, fear, anger...

Nothing.

"How come you're up so early, dear?" G smirked, walking over to the entrance. He pulled open the door, letting himself inside my dirty room.

"Please, don't call me that," I spoke quietly.

G grabbed me by the hair. "It's been three days since you've been down here. Don't you know that you're mine? You can't tell me what to do, got that?"

I attempted to pull him off of my hair, which only resulted in more pain. I nodded simply. "I understand."

G threw me to the ground. "This isn't like you."