Chapter Eighteen

"Link..." I cried, tears welling up in my eyes.

"In the flesh," he laughed, holding out his arms.

I began crying. I ran into his arms, hugging him tightly.

"I'm so glad you're back to normal..." I mumbled in his chest.

Link smiled, leaning his head on mine. "I'm glad, too."

When I realized what was going on, I shook my head and laughed. My face was probably already red, and I backed away from Link. I held my hands behind my back. "A-Anyway, now that you're, uh, back to normal..." I stuttered, looking at the ground. I smiled, then looked back up at Link. "We better go looking for your weapon to defeat Ganon, right?"

Link nodded. "Yeah, we better get on that quickly."

Midna stepped forward, waving her hand. "Uh, sorry to interrupt, but we also should get some water for Nabooru's friend."

"Syra..." I whispered. "Do you have something to put the spring water in?"

Midna laughed. "Of course! I can get practically anything." She winked, holding out her hands. A bottle materialized in the air, and Midna caught it. She scooped up some water, then handed it to me. "Easy peasy."

I took the bottle of water and giggled. "Nice going, Midna!"

Midna blushed, shaking her hands. "It's no problem, really."

"Now it's time to get out of here!" I cheered. "Let's go find Link's weapon!"

Link looked at me and smiled. I looked at him and stuck out my tongue, and he laughed. We all began walking out of the spring, when the ground suddenly started to shake.

"What's..." I said, trying to balance myself. "What's going on?"

Link walked closer to me, and so did Midna. "I don't know," Link said, wrapping his arm around my waist, "but it doesn't sound good."

Link pulled me backwards. I shakily stood behind him. The ground continued to shake fiercely, which caused me to drop the bottle of spring water.

"No, no, no!" I gasped, falling to the ground. I picked up the shattered bottle, holding it in my hands. Midna kneeled beside me and shook her head.

"It's not worth it," she said. "We can get the water for Syra when Nabooru comes."

I held the broken glass in my hands. "But we have to make it back to her in time!" I smiled sadly. "I want to save her...!"

Midna nodded, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Listen, Zel, we will save her."

I nodded. I placed the glass bottle back on the ground, and stood up next to Link. Link immediately pushed me backwards.

"Hey!" I said, nudging his arm. "I was fine where I was, thank you very much-"

"Just stay where you are," Link growled.

My mouth stayed agape, I held my hands over my mouth, and backed away.

"Maybe he's still part beast," Midna whispered in my ear, trying to lighten the mood.

Link gasped, turning around. He pushed Midna and I into the spring water, as far as we could go.

A giant monster was riding on an oversized boar. The boar growled, and began moving like a bull would.

"Light dwellers..." the monster cackled.

"L-Link, you don't have a weapon," I stated the obvious, taking his hand.