A stuttering voice replied, still in shock from our surprise encounter. "My apologies, Mistress, Master Snape asked me to keep you company. Minky never meant to upset her Mistress."

I scrunched my nose. "No worries, Minky. You haven't done anything of the sort. You startled me is all." I continued my walk to the village. "Have you ever been dress shopping?"

The little elf shook her head quickly. "Miss Ella always had private tailors, Master as well. His mother preferred he stay safe indoors. Minky respects her family's wishes. If Mistress would like to go dress shopping, Minky will keep her company."

I smiled lightly, looking down at her. "You're a good little elf, you know that? The Snapes are very lucky to have you."

Her greenish pigmented skin rosied briefly. "Minky has a lovely Mistress. Never has Minky met a kinder witch."

The creature reminded me so much of the elf who'd sacrificed everything to help us. I hadn't known him as well as Harry had, but I did know that both shared a deep loyalty to those who treated them well. "How long have you been serving the Snape family?"

She shrugged. "Minky's line has been with the Prince family for centuries. They are an old line of wizards that date back to 1573. My line has always been with them, except a cousin of mine who was sent to work for the Malfoy clan because there weren't enough Princes left to serve."

I halted, stopping before a large window display. "Hang on," I started. "Did you know Dobby?"

She nodded, her big floppy ears flapping. "Dobby spoke highly of you. He was very proud to wear your tea-cosy hats."

I giggled, remembering my terrible knitting skills. Even with magic, I had been positively wretched. "He was a lovely elf, just like you. I suppose it must run in the family." I looked up at the display, my mouth falling open. I swear, if it could have, it would have hit the ground and come right back up to smack me silly. "Minky, I think that's the dress I'm going to wear."

She hopped up and down excitedly, clapping her hands. "Oh, yes! Mistress will be the most beautiful."

I took her hand and ran into the shop, standing before the tailor, the same who'd fitted me for my other dress. "Good morning, madam." He greeted.

I couldn't help the smile that painted my face. "The dress in the display, is it for sale?"

He nodded eagerly, glancing at it. "It is one of our newest arrivals. Would you like to try it on?"

"I'd love to." I breathed excitedly. It was one of the most beautiful dresses I'd ever seen. Forget the one I saw with Ginny, this one screamed my name, begging to be worn. The man handed it to me, escorting me to the changing rooms. My hands glided along the black lace, feeling every inch of the textured fabric. I slipped into it, quickly stepping out from behind the curtain to examine it further in front of the mirrors. Minky stared at me, wide-eyed, orbs practically glazing over. The tailor nodded approvingly. I turned to see for myself and saw a breathtaking woman staring back at me from the looking glass. The sleeves were long, slightly off the shoulder, the gown reached the floor, hugging my curves in all the right places. The back was a swooping 'V', reaching to my lower back. The dress had a slight train that trailed behind me, accentuating my height, although I knew I was short. "I'll take it."

Skipping down to the dungeons, I skidded at my door, hurriedly trying to unlock it. Once again, a familiar hand reached over mine to twist it, pushing it open. "I told you, it sticks."

I turned to him, biting my lip, hiding the garment bag behind me. "I suppose I just wasn't listening the last time." I replied. "I must have been distracted."