Chapter 9

Nick's POV

I look down at my Twitter notifications on my screen I got tons of them every day no matter how active I was I scroll through and read the tweets most of them were the same, follow me please I love you things like that. I continue scrolling and stop when one catches my eye "Met your wife and adorable kids in Jackson Hole Wyoming during their vacation you have a beautiful family." I get up take a shower then pack my bags grabbing only a few shirts some jeans and a few other things not caring about what I forget. I was going to see my family again I had missed them so much I just hoped that Mal wouldn't be too mad at me for showing up. It was a sign the fan meeting up with Mal then sending a tweet was a sign that we will make it. I finish packing then leave the house with Nacho I drive to the airport and take the first available flight to Wyoming once I'm on the plane I take a deep breath in a little over three hours I would get to see my wife and my children again.

Mallory's POV

After breakfast, I take Jack and Katherine to see a few of the horses that were on the property I had been told I could ride which ever horse I wanted at any time by the owner. After that Jack plays in the yard with Stella while Mac lays on the ground next to me while Katherine plays on a blanket close by, I look away from Jack and Stella for a few minutes when Mac starts barking and I hear Jack's voice yelling. "Daddy!!!!" I look up and see Nick catch Jack in his arms and hug him he picks up Jack then walks over to me I look up at him and meet the blue eyes I haven't seen in almost six months. I was shocked that he was here he breaks the silence between us "Hey Mal."

Nick's POV

I put Jack on the ground then walk over to Katherine pick her up then hug her and kiss her she was beautiful just like her mother green eyes included. I give Mac and Stella some attention too as they run around playing with Nacho I look back at Mal then take her in slowly long brown hair, her green eyes, she had gotten some sun while she was here she looked beautiful. "The kids look great they've gotten so big, it's good to see you Mal. You look great." She backs up then looks at me "What are you doing here Nick?" I take a deep breath this was it my chance to beg, plead and pour my heart out to the girl I loved more than anything I just hoped it would work and she would give me a second chance. "I'm so sorry for what I did to you it was a huge mistake that I'm going to regret for the rest of my life I hate myself for hurting you Mal. I've been going to counseling and he had me write letters as a form of therapy." I pull out the stack of letter then give them to her she looks down at them then back at me and I continue pouring my heart out. "I will do whatever it takes to win you back and be a better man for you and our kids I still love you." She doesn't say anything but she goes to her room with the letters while I spend time with Jack and Katherine.

Mallory's POV

I let out a sigh as I read the last letter in the stack that Nick had given me those letters were pieces of Nick's heart and soul he meant every single word he put on the pages. I walk in the kitchen and the house is silent Nick had probably put the kids to bed hours ago he turns around after cleaning up the counter "We left you a few slices of pizza if you're hungry." I nod then walk over to him. "Thank you for being honest, when I left I never thought I could believe in you or trust you anymore. I know you're being honest in those letters I haven't stopped loving you but I don't know if I can trust you again." He steps forward then reaches out for me he stops at himself then looks at me "I am so sorry I'm glad that you see I'm being honest with you. I understand that you can't trust me right now but I've been trying so hard to fix myself for you, with a little time I know you will be able to trust me again. Please don't give up on me Please don't give up on our marriage." I meet his eyes and see tears in them and my heart starts pounding. "I won't give up."

Nick's POV

I leave Mal in the kitchen with the pizza that we saved for her I go to check on the kids. I walk in Jack's room first then kiss his head and pull the blanket over him, I walk down the hall to check on Katherine next I smile when I see her sleeping with her tiny arms wrapped around Nacho I kiss her cheek then go to the guest room. I shut the door behind me pull off my shirt then toss it in a chair I walk over then sit on the bed and run my hands through my hair I was glad that I had come here and that she had read my letters. I was feeling really confident that we would be able to work things out I let out a yawn then go to bed and fall asleep a few minutes later.