Chapter 28

THREE MONTHS LATER

Nick's POV

I sigh then lay my head down against the table as I throw another paper wad in the floor. I was trying to come up with my vows for the ceremony this was a lot harder than the first time I wanted it to be perfect this time it had to be more meaningful to show I had finally got it right. I grab another sheet of paper than start all over again but it's not right either I get frustrated and wonder if this is a sign that we shouldn't be doing this I run my hands through my hair then stand up and look around my man cave. I look at our wedding pictures and the maternity photos that were gifts I had my inspiration I knew exactly what I was going to say to her.

Mallory's POV

I was on a shopping trip with the wives of Backstreet it wasn't our first trip but this one was big and official they were all helping me shop for my second wedding dress. I sigh as we go into the third dress store I was beginning to think I would be better off doing the ceremony in jeans and a t-shirt or tank top because the second dress was hard to find if I could find one. We walk around with all of the girls looking for a dress I sit down in the middle of the floor and start texting Nick I look up and see a white strapless dress with beading on the top, It was perfect this was the dress I would wear for my second wedding and I thought I wouldn't be able to find it.

Nick's POV

I walk in mine and Mal's room while she goes outside with the kids and Mac and Stella to go see Hacksaw. I look up at the ceiling I had been thinking of putting in a mirrored ceiling to spice things up between us I thought it was a little exciting but at the same time I was starting to have second thoughts. I was wondering if Mal might be uncomfortable with all of this should I go and ask her about this? I shake my head then take a deep breath I didn't have any reason to be nervous. She was my wife, the mother of my children and one of my best friends I knew everything about her I just wanted this to be a surprise.

Mallory's POV

During the next week Nick and I sleep in the guest room he said the ceiling needed to have some work done which surprised me because the house was still new the kids hadn't even destroyed their rooms yet. I look up when Nick walks in the guest room he walks over and gets in bed I crawl on top of him then pin his arms down and look at him "When will the ceiling be finished I want our room and our bed back." He laughs then puts his hands on my waist. "A few more days' baby I promise then we get our room back." I sigh then pout, I lean down and kiss Nick then roll over and go to sleep.

Nick's POV

I shut the door behind me and look up at my reflection looking back at me no turning back now. I hoped that this wasn't too much and I was worried that Mal might hate this I loved her, she knew what I liked and she turned me on we didn't have to change anything at all I look at the ceiling again and wonder if this might be a bad idea. I run my hands through my hair then take a deep breath and walk out of the room to go find Mal it was time for her to see the ceiling I walk outside to the porch and silently hope this wouldn't back fire on me I didn't want to mess things up especially when everything was going so well.