XXIVd: The Water Elemental

Start from the beginning

"Throw everything you have!" Sadie commanded our loud, and immediately initiates popped out from everywhere blasting spells and various forms in full power–a battlecry rose in the hopes of defending their sacred nome.

Annabeth was both frightened and amazed at the scene; various magicians of different ages chanted spells, summoned creatures, and conjured elemental magic that would surely contend the might of both the Greeks and Romans combined! Although there wasn't exactly a special case for the separation from the Egyptians, she was somewhat relieved that they aren't connected as so, even more assuring that they met and concluded in safe and understanding terms.

A war with Egypt...to her calculations, a week would be enough to topple Camp Half-Blood to the ground! And that's only based on the strength of the 21st nome alone! If all the other nomes rallied to such a cause...forget resisting, they might as well surrender and keep their lives!

This was all based simply on statistics, and Annabeth is not that idiotic to ignore the possible exemptions and variables. There is after all no such this as 'all-powerful', as all have their own shortcomings, the Egyptians included.

"Take cover and replenish your energy!" Carter warned as he watched over the battle like a general, already seeing the loss of momentum in the force. No matter how hard they attacked, all it could seem to do was make the water elemental angrier, its water seeming to have no end.

"Seaweed Brain, wake up!" Annabeth shook Percy in her most gentle manner, which was still sort of hard for him. His eyes suddenly darted open and began to panic, but Annabeth grabbed his face and soothed, "I'm here–it's alright, I got you"

"I-I was helping Carter...then the water," he had a face of such terror it pained her to see it, "It-It didn't listen! It even seem to hiss at me! Oh gods..."

"It was a water elemental, it wasn't your fault"

"Then...I was devoured, dr..drowning," He shook as he forced the tears back and laughed weakly, "Some son of Poseidon I am"

"Don't do this to yourself, Percy" Annabeth wrapped her arms around his cold body and calmly whispered, "It's natural to have fears, it's what it means to being human. All those feats, those powers and achievements...that's your godly side. Don't let that side belittle your humanity, because you and I know we are better than that"

Percy was silent for awhile, but slowly color returned to his face as he held her in his embrace, absorbing her warmth which she readily offered.

"You're my strength, you know that right?"

"Of course, Seaweed Brain. Just as you are mine" She then kissed him oh so passionately, letting the butterflies dance and the electricity to spark. She pulled away then stared lovingly on those sea-green eyes she had once hated, founded annoying, and now endearing, "I love you"

"I love you too, Wise Girl" he chuckled while rubbing her face in contentment. The moment seemed timeless, almost magical to them. Then of course, the ground shook with such force that brought the two back to reality.

At this point, the gym was a mess of broken flooring and smashed debris; the roof had holes that the initiates were desperately trying to patch, since the rain seem to fuel the water elemental to regain strength faster; the statues of Ra had lost all its heads-many hope that the sun god is forgiving. The battle was looking grim as the Egyptians have lost all offensive front and have switched to defense, each shield being battered with a watercannon or two, all equally shimmering as if in its last legs.