Xb: Capture the Flag

"So, Chiron grafted the trio to my team?" Piper crossed her arms, "You sure that's fine? You being the most suspicious one and all, you'd be-"

"I know, I know" Annabeth tapped her feet frustratingly but her mind was still reeling from what Artemis had said awhile ago...

"I just need some time to think, and probably take a break from those three. Besides, Percy had been bugging me all morning to pay more attention to him, and it's really getting to me"

"Well, at least he is here" Piper muttered.

"Hmm?"

"Nothing" Piper sighed then grasped Annabeth's hand, "I'll keep an eye on them, you lean back"

"And what? Let your team beat us in Capture the Flag?" Annabeth smirked, "Bring it on, sister!"

=====🦉=====

(In Blue Team: Poseidon, Athena, Hephaestus, Apollo, Hermes, Nike, and Dionysus

In Red Team: Hades, Ares, Aphrodite, Demeter, Hecate, and the other minor gods and goddesses)

"This is absurd" Artemis complained as they jog towards a certain point of the forest where they plan to set up the flag, "What are the odds of us winning against a team that literally has the children of victory with them? Not to mention those of strategy and a sun god that has as many jobs as a Swiss Army knife?"

"That is the most modern sarcasm I've ever heard come out from your mouth so far" Piper replied in disbelief, her eyes wide in surprise. "Why, thank you. I aim to impress" Artemis huffed while Minerva giggled.

Holly snorted, "The only one you'd probably impress with that lousy humor is your girlfriend there, or maybe a tree"

"It's nice being friends with you to, Holly" Artemis sighed then glanced at the rest of the team, "By my deductive reasoning, this is a typical fight between brains vs brawn...a literal split of two opposing forces"

"Don't sell us short, punk" the Ares girl called Clarisse snapped, "They may be tricky, but skill isn't everything-sometimes a head-on collision would knock them right out!"

"We are doomed" Artemis retorted in exhaustion.

"Which is why I'm appointing you as our strategist" Piper smirked

"Yes, what an-erm, pardon?"

"Your clearly have a sharp mind worthy  of Athena, and I believe that owl is not just for show, but a recognition"

Artemis glanced up at Atry who was flying overhead, even when it was in the middle of the day it still manages to pull through this impossible feat for a nocturnal species. "And you trust me enough to lead your group?"

"You haven't blown up anymore cabins so far and made a good drama for this child of Aphrodite to enjoy watching, so why not?" Piper replied with a knowing smile, making Artemis cough, his ears turning red, "V-Very well then" he answered after a short pause to recollect himself, then a cold sneer formed in his face, making Piper think if what she did was a good idea.

"Here's what we are going to do..."

=====🦉=====

"Predictable" Annabeth scoffed as the Ares cabin appeared on the west side of the river, all according to her plan; once they cross the river they would walk into the traps the Hephaestus cabin set up then she'll simply mow the rest down with the Apollo cabin, meanwhile the Athena and Poseidon cabin will flank them and capture the flag. Yes, by her calculations, Clarisse and Piper would have a disjointed army, as each would play the game in different manners; Clarisse wanting a direct approach while Piper would go for a flank or would volunteer for defense since Clarisse would definitely leave their rear vulnerable and Piper would not have that. Yes...