XII: The Nature of Things

Holly had never felt so alive.

She had been saying that to herself ever since she entered this world, as if her inner being had given a sigh of relief–a connection so long forgotten but suddenly found once more. She had been trying to understand it and find reason for being so tuned to this new version of Earth. So much so that she hasn't been herself lately, being all withdrawn and out of it, only coming to attention when called for.

It was the same in the game of Capture the Flag, where she simply let her body flow out of reflex as she intercepted the hidden demigods, even obtaining a wicked gun in the process. While she knocked down one kid after another, her mind wandered to the sound of the trees, the hum of the distant winds...

SQREEEEE!!!

"AArgh!" Holly snapped back to Earth while she pulled out her hearing aid, the roar of battle and clashing swords fill her being to the now. Radio interference?

Before she could think more into it, an arrow zipped past her arm, nearly impaling her shoulder if not for her combat reflexes. Oh, it's on, Robin Hood!

Holly cranked up the Leozer, which surprisingly had similar functions as her Neutrino–only it was combat-built to kill monsters with more than just shock. She activated her stealth and tried out Artemis' custom-made wings, classified as "Hummingbird" after the bird it was inspired and copied from. Made for reconnaissance and infiltration, it's functions replicated that of its code name; the wings vibrate in such a fast motion that flight control was similar to that of a helicopter, allowing maximum mobility while retaining an incredible output for speed due to an attached propulsion jet. It's primary weakness is that it could overheat due to prolonged use, and the estimated limit would be 12 hours, which in itself a technological marvel! Truly a work of a genius.

Holly hovered around the group, electrifying demigod per demigod to unconsciousness as they looked around in confusion. After a few minutes of this constant farce, a triumphant horn blared to life as Ms. McLean was seen being lifted in a mass of demigods, the blue flag in her hands and solidifying Artemis' plan of victory. Over at last, Holly sighed as she descended, the wings automatically folding back into the bag the moment she was safely on land. She decided to keep her stealth on, wanting to watch the show without her involvement.

Holly approached the group gathering together, arriving just in time to spot Annabeth storming into the fray with a scowl, "Alright, alright–where in the gods name is Fowl!?"

The group chuckled a little before backing away, not wanting to be on the way; the pride of a child of Athena truly runs deep, and no one wants to get caught in that storm. Here we go, Holly smiled helplessly, expecting the grand entrance of this overconfident Mudboy...

A few seconds passed...

10 seconds...

"FOWL! Get your sorry behind, front and center!" Annabeth fumed, glaring at the crowd who were confusingly looking around. Odd, was he scared?

Holly shook her head, knowing that no matter the foe Artemis was always in the better end when it comes to negotiations, threats, and all around flaunting his 'benevolence'–if you can call it that. He wouldn't back down as this was a matter of his own pride too, regardless of who he faced. But time flew, everyone now awkwardly uncertain of the situation while Annabeth boiled in rage and eyed at each camper. This isn't right...something is off for sure...

Then it clicked to Holly, remembering the screeching noise in her comms where she merely disregarded it as radio interference in the spur of the moment...