III: A Not-so Typical Camp Night

(This is set after BoO, but does not recognize Trials of Apollo; I just slipped Leo and Calypso into camp, like why not? This is a crossover, I ain't explaining everything!)

=====🦉=====

Before the explosion that led to the decimation of Cabin 20, Percy was in a good mood and was looking forward to a calm break at camp, just him and Annabeth, chilling before they'll eventually enroll into New Rome University by the end of summer. No monsters, no quests, no prophecies, no nosebleeds. Oh, what a pain it is, living a demigod life.

The day went by normally enough; by evening Percy and Annabeth were seen cuddling by the campfire, with Annabeth sleeping peacefully beside her boyfriend, whose arm's were wrapped protectively around her. Percy was simply content to spend time in this peace, basking in their warmth; then Leo jumped the gun. Literally.

A sound of a concentrated beam of light shooting out of a barrel echoed through the night, followed by the neighing of horses and a distant gasps and crying. Percy looked around with a sharp glare, wondering if there was trouble and was ready to throttle anyone if that noise had been enough to disturb his Wise Girl from her slumber.

"LEO!!" Piper yelled as she marched by waving a decapitated doll, the top still sizzling, "You just blew off my sister's doll! It took me awhile to make this!!"

"Sorry, Pipes!" Leo appeared, scratching his head in embarrassment, "My fault; wanted to try out this bad boy for a run, but I guess it ain't my style"

"What is that?" Piper asked, wary of just about anything Leo cooks up in his flat in Bunker 9; the weapon resembled the same structure as that of a handgun, but was clearly modified and plated with a intricate layer of Celestial bronze. "Ahh, this is a what I call the LEOZER, state-of-art handgun that shoots celestial bronze tainted lasers!!" He replied with a wicked grin, then grimaced, "Sadly, it has quite the kick, and my aim is just as bad"

"You're too much of a wimp to hold a gun, Leo" Piper ordered, tapping her foot impatiently, "And do fix this doll; this has been the third time, Alicia might just as well place a makeup-curse on you!" Leo paled at that, remembering an unfortunate Hermes kid being forced to wear a wig and a tutu for a week for messing with the Aphrodite cabin (it wouldn't come off!).

"I-I hear you, Miss McLean! I'll work on it right away!" He holstered the gun, gingerly took the doll and ran to his cabin in a hurry, calling out Calypso for sewing advice.

"Well, that was a show" Percy stated matter-of-factly. Piper just noticed the couple and with a sigh, sat opposite to them, "Sorry for making all that fuss; I hope I didn't mean to disturb" she spoke in a softer tone, but had the same hint of smugness and knowing she usually put on when she sees Percy and Annabeth together. He shrugged as his hands playfully twirl Annabeth's locks, her breathing still even, "It's fine, she's still sleeping"

"Nightmares again?"

"Yeah, she could only find peace near the hearth-"

"And in your arms" Piper teased, but her eyes held also a tiny emotion that fluttered by: envy. Jason had gone with Frank and Hazel to Camp Jupiter for a month, and he promised her he will return after; that was 5 weeks ago. Piper was worried something was up, especially since no Iris-message can seem to reach anyone from Camp Jupiter; but Katoptris didn't show anything to her as of late, and Rachel won't be at camp until three days from now, so she was uncertain.