IX: Who are the Fowls?

(The next day...)

=====🦉=====

"Those three are mortal?" Leo asked again, trying to wrap his head on that thought. They were all hanging out at Poseidon's table, and were careful not to be overheard by others.

"Yes, Valdez, they are," Annabeth sighed as she eyed at the reactions of the gathered members from the Seven; Percy and Piper already knew so they just kept on eating their breakfast, Nico and Calypso didn't seem surprised, while Leo looked mind blown, "What kind of mortal can raise the bar in the scare factor, almost beating Nico? No offense of course" Leo quickly added.

"Not even an insult," Nico smirked then shrugged, "But I too got to admit, this Artemis Fowl is not a simple mortal; I feel for the dude"

"Of course you would" Piper chipped in,"You both are intimidating and have this cold air around you two-like you've been chilling in a freezer for half your life! And something tells me that Artemis is no stranger to death, considering he died himself, as he claims to have"

"I assure you, he had died" Nico slipped a grape into his mouth, "The question is how he escaped; I need to know this in case a leak from the Underworld was the cause, since it's my duty to patch it up-but then again..."

"What's also odd is the information on him" Annabeth then pulled out a fairly thin folder entitled "Artemis Fowl", with a huge 'CLASSIFIED' stamped over the fine print, "Artemis Fowl II, born in Dublin, Ireland on September 1st, he is the son of Artemis Fowl I, a criminal businessman, and Angeline Fowl, a humanitarian by heart"

"A criminal father huh? That must be why he is who he is" Percy deduced the obvious.

"But that is not as interesting as his family heritage" Annabeth continued with a sudden interest indented in her tone, "The Fowls are a family of 'legendary criminals' whose history dates back to at least the Norman Conquest that have amassed a fortune through both legitimate and illegitimate means. Working alongside the Fowls is the Butler family, a centuries-old line of trained bodyguards that form lifelong affiliations with members of the Fowl family"

"Must be the same bodyguard Holly warned us about yesterday" Percy recalled, "Tight family"

"The Fowls also had held a strong family motto that had influenced them for generations to come: 'Aurum Potestas Est'"

"Gold is Power" everyone said in unison in response to the Latin phrase, now feeling that this was no coincidental meeting.

"Such an ancient family line...they could basically pass as royalty!" Calypso stated while nibbling on a sandwhich, "He is more interesting that I believe him to be!"

"Gee, your boyfriend is right here, sunshine" Leo sarcastically reminded her, clearly annoyed. Calypso gave a smirk, "Jealous, Flame Boy?"

"Of-Of course I am!" Leo replied in frustration, "I dislike him even more after the forges fiasco! I don't care if it was an accident, it was still his fault!"

"What happened?" Annabeth asked.

Leo muttered to himself for awhile then relayed his story, "I was showing Artemis around the forges as asked when suddenly a strong frequency of noise, apparently coming from his LEP goggles, were emitted in such a way that set off some of our sensor-sensitive circuits, and well...Poof! The entire forge was transformed into an electric death trap! A couple explosives were set off-but we managed to reduce and rescue as much as we could before it would become one great catastrophe! Just to sum it all up, the forges is under repair and cleaning, and would take at least a week to get it up and running again!"