Its beginning to look like Christmas, part 2

Start from the beginning

Mom walked into the kitchen. "Melinda? Are you feeling better?"

She nodded, "Yeah, I'm sorry about the angel, Mrs. Shaw."

"Oh honey, it's fine, and please call me Elena, and you can call Mr. Shaw, Jordan," she said, giving her a soft smile.

"Thank you, Elena," she whispered.

"Liam, why don't you take Melinda upstairs to change and your dad will go get another angel," Mom suggested.

"Sure. Come on, Mel," I said, leading her upstairs.

Mom walked back into the living room. "Jordan?"

"Yeah, hun?" Dad asked.

"Would you be a dear and go get another angel?" Mom asked.

"Yeah," he said, grabbing his coat and keys, then leaving.

"Woah. Dad didn't even fight you on this one," Elijah said.

"There's a reason, and you'll see," Mom said to him.

A while later, Dad returned with an angel as Mel and I came back down after she changed. He pulled the angel out of the bag and handed it to Mel. She refused it, and I said, "Take it. Trust me."

She reached over and took it. Then I lifted her as she placed the angel on top of the tree with JJ helping her secure it. Then I lowered her down, and Dad plugged in the lights. The tree looked beautiful, along with the angel at the top.

She looked at dad. "It looks pretty, doesn't it?"

"More than you know," he said to her with a smile.

"Thank you, Jordan," she said.

Dad looked at her, and a smile curled upon his lips when she called him by his first name.

"Any time, Mel," Dad responded.

We all looked at each other in shock. That was the first time I had ever heard Dad call anyone by a nickname before except for JJ, Junior, and RJ for apparent reasons.

I wrapped my arms around Mel from behind as she looked at the tree, and I held her.

Christmas break didn't just comprise decorating, but other things. Although watching Frazier get wrapped up in lights was always a fun time for Dad and Ryan.

We were in the kitchen, helping Mom with baking when he and Ryan came in laughing.

"I swear Frazier gets worse and worse every year. Hi honey," he said, kissing mom.

"What did that idiot do this time?" Mom asked.

"Well, he thought it would be great to rig up a Santa and reindeer along with the lights. He ended up falling off the roof with Santa landing face down right on his family jewels," Ryan said with a chuckle.

"Please tell me you got pictures," she said.

"Oh yeah," he said, showing her the pictures, then the rest of us as we all laughed. Ah, Clark strikes again.

We frosted cookies. I took my finger, and with a flick, I placed frosting on the tip of Mel's nose. Everyone stopped and watched us. She stopped and exclaimed, "Liam! Why did you do that?"

"I have no idea what you mean," I shrugged.

She glared at me as I whistled while frosting cookies. She wiped frosting off her nose. Then she took her finger with coating and flicked it at the side of my face.

"Mel," I said with a look. She whistled as she went back to frosting her cookie. I wiped off the icing. "Cute."

She shrugged, then I grabbed some frosting and said, "Hey." She turned, and I shoved frosting into her face, then it was on as she grabbed some frosting and shoved it into my face. That was all they wrote, and we smeared icing all over each other. The others laughed as we engaged in a frosting fight.