CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

Start from the beginning

"You're surprised I can speak your language and know who you are?"

I nodded my head and she laughed again.

"I'm just so happy that my son was able to find a woman who suits him well. I really hope he's taking great care of you. I'm sorry for all the things you had to go through" She said a tear streaming down her face.

"It wasn't any of your faults" I responded.

She smiled and took Imani in her arms.

"Honey! Come here and look at our grandchild. Isn't she beautiful?"

The man smiled and kissed Imani on the forehead.

"She is" Is all he could say. He was getting teary as Xiumin's mom handed her to him.

"Well we don't have much time. Thank you for freeing us and I'm so glad I got to see you guys again and meet you Mia and Min-Hee"

"Where are you guys going?" Kai asked with sadness in his voice.

"We are going where your ancestors are. I and your father will always be watching you guys, Min-Hee and Mia" She smiled.

Slowly the row of people disappeared.

"Umma! Don't leave!" Sehun cried.

She gave them a last kiss and hug before disappearing.

Before Xiumin's father disappeared he handed me Min-Hee.

Everything was silent until each and everyone one of the EXO brothers began to cry.

I saw Xiumin on his knees. I hugged him from the back and put my chin on his shoulder.

"It's okay" I said.

He turned around and embraced me in a tight hug.

"Wasn't even 5 f**king minutes!" He cried. "I missed them so much"

I patted his back.

"It's not over, you still have EXOPLANET to fix and the people who are still surviving here. They need you guys" I said.

He got up and I wiped his tears.

"You know I'm right" I said.

He nodded his head and yelled at his brothers in their language. They all gave him determined faces. Xiumin turned around and kissed me on the lips which made my knees buckle.

"It is what our parents want" he smiled.

In a blink of an eye, we were back in the library of the mansion. Everyone's eyes changed between brown and black.

It was late when we got back and I'm sure that they were all tired. We all went to bed. I fed Imani since it was a long week for her. I laid in the bed with Xiumin, curled up in a ball.

"Mia" He whispered.

"yes" I hummed.

"I know this is soon, but tomorrow my brothers and I are going back to EXOPLANET"

"Okay" I said.

"You know I'm not going to be back for a longtime"

"I know" I said turning myself away from him. I didn't want him to see me cry.

"Mia, I just need you to understand...it's gonna take y--"

"Xiumin, just shut up. I know. I understand. It's just going to be hard for me to take care of our kid without a father figure in the picture. Please take me with you"

He gave me a weak smile. "You know that could kill you Mia" He said.

"In EXOPLANET, you were there for 3 days, that's 3 months here. I can't risk losing you" He said.

"Dammit Xiumin! You already risked my life so many times. You risked my life falling in love me, making love with me! Protecting me! Having a child, dammit! As long as I'm with you, I don't care" I cried.

He pressed his lips to mine and held my face in his hands. His closed shut, tears falling down his face. "Mia, I love you"

"I love you too" I said, voice breaking with each word said. I didn't know what to expect in the future. How long was it going to take him? Would he come back when I'm long gone?

***

They left early in the morning. I and Imani watched them leave.

After they left I called Mandy. I apologized for having her wait for so long and she apologized for trying to kick me out. I started school again since I missed so much of it.

Frequently, Imani and I visited the house Xiumin and his brothers lived in. I'd clean while she played with her toys and I read their books to help her control her powers and hide them from the human eye. Last thing I needed was the government coming after her since her father has already gotten close to getting caught.

Mandy, Tina, and Troy helped me take care of Imani. I made sure to tell her a lot about her father so she often looked at pictures of him. I told her about her uncles and each of their amusing personalities. I didn't know of it bothered her, not having her day by her side, but she always had a smile on her face. She always told me,

"Dad's here with me" holding a picture of him.

She was so fond of him and very patient and excited for his return.
♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆

Hey readers! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and stay tuned for the nexts because I'm literally almost done writing this book. I'm thinking of having epilogues left, but in parts. So maybe parts 1 and 2 or parts 1-3. It really depends though. Oh! And there will be a shout out at the end for all the people who have commented and voted the book! I appreciate all my readers! So if you haven't voted or commented, don't feel bad or think I'm putting you down, I appreciate y'all too. So I'll add a shout out to people who read the book! So everyone gets a shout out! 😄

-saranghae
-purplejenee💜