CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Mia's POV

I woke up to Xiumin's arm tightly wrapped around my waist. I struggled to get out of his grasp, but his arm just got tighter. It was such a pain to try to pry his arms off of my waist. "Argh~Minnie"

"Wae~" he responded, not opening his eyes.

"Can you let go so I can wash up?"

"I can't move my body" he whines.

"You're moving your mouth" I sas back. I poke the sides of his waist and he groans.

"JAGIYA!!" he groans as his arms pull back from my waist.

I jump out of the bed and rush into the bathroom, locking the door. I giggle when I see the door knob jiggle. "Not cool Mia!" He says. I could hear the pout in his voice.

I finished washing up and applying my makeup on. When I walk out, I'm snatched and thrown over a broad shoulder. "Xiumin!" I yell at him.

He chuckles and doesn't set me down. Despite my protests, he smacks my butt.

"What the hxll was that for?!"

"Seemed necessary" he responds vaguely.

I scoff and he finally puts me down when the boys started teasing him.

I ate breakfast and waited for Xiumin, since we're going back to the apartment. Plus I have lots I need to tell Mandy about! It's been irritating me so much.

Xiumin comes down wearing pants and a white t shirt. He smiles at me before grabbing my hand. He had both of our bags in his hand.

We walked to the subway station and stopped by starbucks.

"Jagi~" he started.

"Hmm?" I said while taking a bite of my cookie.

"I love you" he says.

I choke on my cookie and raise my arms above my head. He looks at me, concern in his eyes.

"Sorry. That was so sudden. What made you say that?" I ask him.

"The more I spend time with you, the more I want to be around you. The thought of you being taken away from me has been flooding my mind lately. Especially that you're the MAMA's mate..." he sighs.

"Please~don't remind me of that" I say looking down.

He grabs both of my hands and squeezes them. "Look at me" he says.

When I do he smiles and kisses the tip of my nose.
"I won't let the MAMA hurt you anymore and I'll find a way for you not be his mate. Just need to talk to Suho" he says.

"I love you too" I mumble.

He raises his eyebrow and chuckles. "Did you listen to anything i was saying?" He asked.

"I did. Just was waiting for the moment to say those words" I smiled.

"Well say them to me all the time" he smiles.

"Ah~you're so corny" I mumble rolling my eyes.

We head out the door and cross the street. "Wait! I forgot my purse" I tell him. He nods his head and I run across the street. I find my purse on the chair in the Starbucks and run across the street, again.

"Mia!" I hear Xiumin yell.

I wave at him, but his face looks worried. I turn and a semi is a few feet from me. Why does this seem like
déjà vu. The semi's lights blind my eyes as I cover my eyes with my arm. I feel a huge impact hit me and all I can see is the front of the semi frozen. Shouting is heard...

***

Xiumin's POV

"WAIT! I forgot my purse" Mia says before leavimg me. I nod my head and watch her run across the street. She comes out in a split second and runs across the street again. A semi comes speeding towards her. I panick and yell for her. "Mia!"

She smiles and waves at me. She turns and looks at the semi as it comes nearer to her. Mia just stares at it. I close my eyes and try working my freezing powers to freeze the truck. But I'm so weak. I open my eyes and the truck hit her. Her body flew across the street. I looked at the scene in horror. I put her in danger. The streets were icy, from me, so was the truck.

I ran to her amd shook her body, crying. Her eyes were squinted. "Mia!" I shouted, hugging her against me. I felt her tears soak my shirt. I felt her eye lashes brush against my chest. Picking her up bridal style, I run to the nearest hospital. I go around asking people as they looked at Mia in horror.

I ran into the hospital. "Please. She got hit by a truck" I say choking on my words. They took her immediately. I called Mandy and she was there in the next 5 minutes. Mandy hugged me and paced back and forth, clenching onto her shirt.

An hour later, Kyle comes walking in. He immediately walks up to me, pushing me against the wall. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FXXKING FAULT! IF MIA WASN'T WITH YOU, THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED!" His words rang in my head. But I was too upset to push him off. He clenched onto my shirt and shook me, cursing at me and punched me in the face. He shook his hand because of the impact probably hurt his hand more than it hurt me.

The doors flew open and the doctor came out. "She is a very lucky girl. There are no major injuries. Just a few bruises and scratches. She does have a fractured wrist. But that is all" the doctor said smiling. "But we will have to keep her over night" he says. I nod my head and fall back into the bench, relieved.

"Can I see her?" I ask.

He nods his head and opens the door for me. When I see her, I immediately start tearing up. She smiles at me and caresses my cheek.

"I thought-"

"You were going to lose me?" She asks grabbing onto my hand. "I'm fine because I have you" she says sticking her tongue out at me.

"Gosh you two are so immature" Mandy says fake gagging. Mia laughs but stops when she sees Kyle.

"Mia-"

"Get the f--k out!" She yells.

"I'm glad you're okay" he says.

"Get..." she grabs her head in pain.

"Argh...I'm hurting for real. Please get the doctor" she mumbles.
♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆

Hey readers! Sorry for the long wait. And how did you like this fluff/angst chapter. It's gonna be getting real. Anyways, might me updating later tonight or tomorrow. It depends since I'll be out with family for the new year's eve!

-saranghe
-happy new year's!
-purplejenee💜