CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

Mia's POV

Xiumin and I could barely sleep since Imani was crying the whole night. Xiumin and I took turns trying to calm her down the whole night. I breast fed her and Imani finally started calming down in Xiumin's arms. He looked at her with so much care.

We fell asleep again. Xiumin slept with Imani in his arms.

I was so tired and mentally exhausted. Yesterday was a big and emotional day for me. Not only did I have my baby, but Xiumin came back to me. I turned to my side and watched my daughter and Xiumin sleeping soundly together. I grabbed my phone and took a picture of them, smiling to myself.

Xiumin's tired eyes fluttered open, staring at me. A yawn escaped his mouth and smiled at me.

"Good morning jagiya. Are you hungry?" He asked.

I hummed in response.

He handed me Imani and kissed the top of our foreheads.

Imani moved around in my arms, stretching her arms out. Her tiny fists rested on my breast. I cradled her in my arms and slowly drifted asleep. Meanwhile, Xiumin was making breakfast for his Mia.

Xiumin had Kyungsoo help him out with the food. They made her pancakes, bacon, and eggs. While Xiumin washed the fruit, Kyungsoo brought up a topic Xiumin never really thought about.

"Minseok, are you ever going to marry Mia?" Kyungsoo asked, leaning on the kitchen counter.

"yeah, eventually since we already have a family. I just want to wait until the MAMA incident is over" Xiumin responded rustling his hair. "I would hate for Min-Hee to grow up without her father alive"

Kyungsoo nodded his head. The atmosphere got depressing as Xiumin thought of not being able to be there for his daughter.

"Hyung!" A cheerful voice yelled, interrupting Xiumin's thoughts.

Xiumin and Kyungsoo turned in the direction of the voice.

Baekhyun ran downstairs, Chanyeol behind him, tripping down the stairs.

"Ah! Sh*t!" Chanyeol muttered holding his head.

"B***h! I have a baby in this house! Don't be cursing in this house. Last thing I need is a potty mouthed daughter!" Xiumin said raising his voice.

"Hyung, you cursed also" Baekhyun said.

Xiumin threw his hand up, tempted to smack Baekhyun. The boy flinched to Xiumin's sudden movements.

"Anyways, shouldn't we have a baby shower and buy Mia and the baby more stuff?" Baekhyun and Chanyeol asked.

"Yeah, but lets wait. Mia needs at least a week or two before she can go back to school. I would put Min-Hee in a daycare, but I really don't trust anyone but you guys and Mia. So when the two of us go back to school, can you guys please take care of her?" Xiumin asked.

"Of course, Hyung" Baekhyun said.

Chanyeol's cheeks turned red. "You really are taking this father thing seriously"

Xiumin smiled to himself. "Yeah, I am"

He finished preparing Mia's breakfast and brought it upstairs. Xiumin was about to open the door but hear a voice besides Mia's in the room. The voices were muffled. Xiumin opened the door ajar and saw Kai sitting on the edge of the bed talking to Mia. Though he looked tired, her facial expressions showed only happiness. Kai was holding Min-Hee in his arms.

"Hey jagiya, I have your breakfast" Xiumin said.

I smiled at him and began eating the breakfast. It was hella good plus I was extremely hungry. I scarfed the food down. When finishing, I laid down sighing.

"Um, Kai. I need to talk to Mia privately. Can you please leave with Min-Hee for a bit?" Xiumin asked.

Kai nodded his head and wrapped the small child in a blanket, holding her to his chest securely.

Mia looked at me, waiting for me to speak. I grabbed onto her hand and looked her in the eyes.

"Mia, we first met when you were 15 and officially met almost a year ago. The more I was around you, keeping you company, protecting you, helping you, the more I have fallen in love with you. We've been through a lot and I've put you through a lot" He said taking a deep breath. "We've already started a family and I want to live the life of calling you the love of my life and my wife"

So many things were processing in my head and the more he spoke, the more nervous I became.

"I want to be with you and Min-Hee for the rest of my life. But I don't know if I can be a husband and father forever. I'm afraid-" Xiumin stuttered and his eyes became glassy. "I will not be there for you and Min-Hee when you need help. I'm afraid I will lose my life winning this battle, protecting you guys, but I rather have my life be taken away instead of one of you or both of you"

My mouth was open ajar. Tears fear slowly down my face. Xiumin put his head down in his hands, and heard a sob come from him.

"I don't want to lose you, Mia. I don't want to lose Min-Hee. I don't want to lose my life. I want to live my life with you and our baby girl" He sobbed in his hands.

I pulled him into my arms and rubbed his back, kissing his hair.

"Xiumin, you're strong. You'll find a way to live. I'll you protect you and this child of ours" I said, my voice breaking at every word I smoke.

"I promise I'll protect you guys" he responded. He still sniffled and slowly cried himself to sleep. He fell asleep on my lap. I looked down at him and played with his hair.

I felt a sharp pain in my head and I blacked out. I was in a dark room. A light shone on me. Another light turned on and showed the MAMA.

"Greetings Mia" the MAMA said. "How's the baby?"

I didn't answer and just stared at the MAMA.

"The silent treatment, I see" It said.

The MAMA appeared in front of me, grabbing me by the neck, digging its long nails into my neck.

"You'll answer me, girl. You'll either give me your baby's powers or I'll have to do it by force" It said, holding onto my neck more tightly.

"What'll happen if I give my baby to you?" I ask.

"Well, your baby will die" The MAMA shrugged.

My blood boiled and I tempted to smack the MAMA, but it caught my hand.

"I'll give you a week on your decision" The MAMA laughed, throwing me to the ground.

-----------------------------------------------

Heyyy readers! It's been too long since I've updated! 2 weeks is pretty long! But anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter and stay tuned for the next ones.

-saranghe

-purplejenee ^_^