CHAPTER TWENTY

A/N: Sorry. It's been about a month since I've updated so I'm going to try to update 2-3 chapters between today and tomorrow! Hope you guys enjoy and thank you for being so patient with me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xiumin POV

I have no idea what's going on with Mia, but it's really bothering me. If it's stress over finding a lawyer for me, she shouldn't be trying. Honestly, I should be looking for one myself. I look up from my phone and see that she is still working on the computer. With a sigh, I walk over and turn off the lights, and change to go to bed. A groan escapes her mouth as she turns the lights back on. I get up and turn them off again and she slams her hands onto the desk. Mia's feet shuffle over to turn on the light, but I freeze the light switch.

"What the h-ll is wrong with you?" Mia hisses. She was on the tips of her toes, while she tried to match my height. I sigh in frustration and cross my arms across my chest.

"You need to be asleep. It's getting late and we have school tomorrow" I respond.

"I'm looking for a lawyer for you" she snaps.

"I never asked you to find a lawyer for me. That should be my job, not yours, so go to bed" I respond calmly.

She clenches her fist.

"What do you mean? I'm trying to help you! If you never killed those drunk guys, this never would have happened!" She shouts "I never asked you to save me! I never asked you to kill them! I never asked you to watch over me!" She says more angrily.

"I saved you for a reason. I couldn't just let them touch you in that way, Mia. And what about that trunk almost hitting you 8 years ago? You think I could let you die?" I ask.

"Yes" she responds "After what my parents did to me, I didn't want to live. If I died, I would have never met you"

"What are you saying?" I ask her irritatingly.

"I regret meeting you and especially falling in love with you" she says angrily.

I feel a sharp pain in my heart. Looking back at her, I could tell in her eyes she wasn't regretting anything she said. I turn away from her and go strait to the bed to sleep. If she wasn't going to sleep, that's her problem now. I hate arguing, but I have a gut feeling that this situation will get worst.

About an hour later, Mia finally goes to bed but she scoots away from me. I was starting to get a bit annoyed without her body next to mine, wanting to feel her warmth. I sling my arm around her but she roughly throws it off mumbling something. I get up from my spot and go downstairs, to sleep on the couch because she obviously needs some space.

***

I woke up early, as usual, to wash up. I didn't sleep well last night because I kept thinking about Mia. I got up to our bedroom to check on her and surprisingly she was still in bed. It made me feel happy that she stayed instead of going to her friend's house or somewhere else.

I got downstairs to make myself and Mia breakfast. Mandy was already at law school and left a note on the desk that she was in a rush so she couldn't cook breakfast. I shrug and make French toast for the two of us.

While I was finishing the last batch, the door from upstairs opened and Mia came out wearing a grey bomber jacket and grey leggings. Her hair was in a bun and she looked tired as she came downstairs. I back hugged her as she washed her hands in the sink. After she dried them, she pulled my arms off of her and began to eat the breakfast I made.

"Mia, are you still mad about yesterday?" I ask her.

She doesn't answer and ignores me. It saddens me that she will be taking it this far, but hopefully tomorrow she'll forgive me.