You're freaking nuts; you know that?

Start from the beginning

Eventually, we got down, but it was worth it. I pulled out two bowls and set them in front of Mel and I. Then I grabbed the cereal and milk. I poured us a bowl of cereal and milk. I handed her a spoon, and we both dug in.

"What was with the flagpoles?" Mel inquired while eating her cereal.

"That started our freshmen year in high school. JJ and I pranked Drew and the others when our parents left us alone for the weekend. So, Drew came up with the flagpoles and constructed them everywhere he is when we visit," I explained as I ate.

"Is there one day you won't bother Drew?" Mel asked me.

"If Liam knows what's good for him, he will," Drew said, coming in and grabbing a bowl.

"You got a bit of mustard right there," I said, pointing my spoon at Drew.

"Here?" Drew asked, pointing to his face.

"Yeah," I said as Drew smacked me upside the back of the head.

Mel laughed as he poured a bowl of cereal and joined us while we ate. I don't think we'll ever stop messing with Drew. He's way too easy to rile up.

I took Mel back to her dorm so she wouldn't walk back while it was dark. I didn't feel comfortable with her walking back alone. As soon as we reached her dorm, I gave her a quick kiss, and she went upstairs. Then I turned to come face to face with Gage and his cronies. What the hell twinkle toes and his minions want now? Does he not learn? I guess not.

"Looky, what we have here, boys. Liam doesn't have his bodyguards," Gage said to them as they snickered.

"Aww, twinkle toes, are you still butt hurt because I threw you through a glass window?" I asked with fake concern. Yeah, I wanted to shove his head into a building but Drew stopped me.

"Well, now you see what a real beating feels like," Gage spat.

"Bring it on tinker bell. I'll take you all on," I warned, and I did. As they rushed me, I gave as good as I got, but five against one isn't a fair fight. By the time it was over, I was out, laying on the ground, bleeding.

Mel came down because she forgot something to find me lying on the ground. She ran over to me, checking me. "Liam! Oh, god!" Mel gasped. She checked to make sure I was breathing and felt around in my pockets for my phone. With blood on her hand, Mel pressed a button with Dylan's name on it since I locked my phone. Then nothing happened when she touched it a few more times.

Finally, Mel slid my phone into her pocket and dragged me to the door. She pressed a button continuously until two people came down and helped her. They helped carry me to her room and laid me on the bed. As she went to get a washcloth, she heard my phone go off in her pocket.

She heard a deep voice when she answered, "Liam?"

"No, it's Mel," Mel answered, shaking.

"Mel? Where's Liam?" The person asked.

"At my dorm," she sniffled, trying to maintain her composure.

"Calm down. Why is Liam at your dorm?" The person asked.

"Liam walked me home. I was on my way to my dorm room when I forgot something. I found him on the ground. It looked like someone beat him. There's much blood," Mel said, her voice shaky.

"Mel, listen to me. It'll be okay. Try to help Liam. We are on our way," the person assured her.

"Okay," she sniffled, trying to choke back a sob forming in her throat.

The person hung up, and she went back to what she was doing. She grabbed a bucket and filled it with water then brought it into her room as she wet the washcloth, trying to clean the blood off of me.