bedtime stories || toukomaru

The dark and depressing hue of the red-purple sky gleamed through the hastily drawn curtains of the old motel room.

Inside that certain motel room were two girls, one who was labeled 'The Sibling of Hope' and the other was a girl who thought of herself to be the lesser of the two, always constantly degrading herself in order to make the normal girl shine.

The normal ahoge girl sat up from her chair as the other lesser walked out of the bathroom.

"Ah Toko! Are you ready to go to sleep, or do you want to stay up a little bit longer?"

"Komaru, you could have gone to bed without me of course..."

Komaru smiled and walked over to Toko with a book behind her back. She had a small bounce in her step as she threw her arms around her best friend.

"Well, I found your book in a shop yesterday and since the worlds gone to crap for now, I just took it so you could read it to me."

Toko's eyebrows furrowed into a nasty growl.

"My books aren't for someone your age, I bet you haven't even had a real romantic relationship yet."

Komaru giggled before handing her the book, another giant smile on her face.

This average girl was nothing but smiles.

Toko read her the book, Komaru's attention never leaving Toko for even a second.

Now, if anyone were to brave the Apocalypse and enter that single hotel room, they would see two bodies. Two bodies of two girls, peaceful sleeping expressions on their face, with ambush marks along their stomachs.

And when the luckster came by to find his sister, at least he knew she died in peace, with a bedtime story as the very last thing she heard.