hopeless || izuru x reader

•my sister's birthday is today and omg is she an annoying seven year old•

>>start<<

You silently hummed (what???) to Izuru as you ran a brush through his hair.

Your younger cousin, Junko, had asked you to do her one thing, and it was to brush this boys hair.

You didn't really know who he was or how important he was, the only thing you knew was that you were captivated by his looks.

You envied him, and how he was able to have such beautiful, long, black hair.

"Hey Izuru? Why are you with my cousin? I don't really see you as the kind of despair obsessed freak that she associates with."

Izuru didn't respond to you and just laid back closer to you, practically forcing you to brush his hair.

"U-Uhm Izuru? I can't brush your hair if you practically press yourself against me."

"It's hopeless."

What?

You jumped a bit after finally hearing his voice.

You had only known each other for a couple of days and this was the first time you were hearing his voice.

"Izuru? What's hopeless?"

He stood up from the floor and turned to face you.

"Junko, everything she's doing, all of it is hopeless."

You stood up and brushed the dirt off of you.

"That's .... kinda the point."

Izuru ripped the hair brush from your hand and glared at you.

"I don't need you anymore, you're quite boring and you don't entertain me in the slightest. I would appreciate it if you would leave."

Leave?

"Izuru, this is my room. You would be the one that has to leave."

He looked you straight in the eyes for a full minute before muttering something under his breath, turned around, and left.

You were saddened to see his retreating form, you had developed a sort of crush for him.

"Be careful."

Your eyes widened in shock as you watched him leave the room.

Smiling you brought a hand to your heart, trying to steady your heartbeat, the other hand clutching at your left eye.

"It's really hopeless after all, huh?"

Tears started to spill, and all you could do was laugh at your pathetic state.

You were so stupid to thing you would be able to get with him when the world was practically falling apart.

It was just as Junko said.

Everything was hopeless for you after all.

>>end<<

•Someone I was messaging for a while said that Junko was overrated and we had some serious problems•