Chris x Depressed!Reader

"Hey, vat's up, sveetheart? Vhy are you sulking in the corner?" asked a voice dripping with flirtation. You looked up at the man, your aura radiating agitation. You gave him a glare that could kill.

He didn't seem to notice.

"Vhat's your name? I'm Chris."

"(Y/N)."

He sat next to you on the floor, and offered you a drink- you realized he was carrying two glasses of wine. You took the glass and stared at it for a few seconds. Then set it on the ground and decided to neglect it, even though you would have liked nothing better than to down the glass and have more until you couldn't think anymore.

You had been invited to a party that you hadn't wanted to attend. Your parents were rich and were away often- but when your mother came home, she insisted you go to parties because; "Kids your age should go out and have fun!"

Her high pitched voice annoyed you.

The room was hot and sweaty, your (dark color) dress was hugging your body uncomfortably. It's shadowy hue absorbing more heat than you would have liked.

You glanced up at the couples on the dance floor, the twirled and emitted a colorful kind of happiness that you envied with a passion. You turned to look at the stranger to find he was staring at you. You shifted uncomfortably.

"Your eyes... zey lit up when you vere looking at zem," he tilted his head to indicate the dancers, "You like to dance?"

"Well..." you thought about the hours you had spent watching YouTube videos teaching yourself a basic waltz and the proper way to slow dance, "I-"

"Let's dance!" he said, not allowing you to finish. He pulled you up and dragged you over to the dance floor. The music had been mostly pop, but some old lady must have requested a good old fashioned waltz. It was just starting, and Chris put an arm around your waist and took your hand as you rested your other hand on his shoulder. He led you into a slow- 

One two three, 

one two three, 

-and you were impressed. He was good. You, however, were a bit clumsy, having never had a real partner before.

You then realized with a jolt that your wrists were very visible. Your arms had been crossed to hide it, but now you were wide open. Please don't see, please-

"Vhat happened to your wrist?" he asked, his voice was casual but there was something in his eyes you couldn't quite describe that made your heart beat faster.

"N-nothing," you stuttered, cursing your inability to lie smoothly to this man. It usually wasn't a problem. He stared at you suspiciously for what seemed like a long time.

"The vorld is a beautiful place," he murmured, and something inside your bones stirred. Something inside your heart stirred.

He had seen all of you within moments of meeting you, and his words resonated deeply within your soul. It was like when you heard a song or saw a picture that made you cry- though you didn't know why. It just somehow struck a chord inside of you. Notes of a sad song that had been playing for years. It was dissonant- as though trying to change keys. As though it were trying to turn into another song entirely. One that you wanted to listen to.

You didn't realize you were crying until he wiped a tear away with his finger.

Hey everyone! Hope you're enjoying your summer! This one was a short one, but I think it was meaningful all the same. It was requested by: 

Aphmaufan4life. Hope you enjoyed!! I don't have anything planned next, so you guys should request. 

Also- I have news! I entered my other story Heaven is a One room, Second floor apartment in the https://www.wattpad.com/story/114395932-___dead-sheep-awards___

DEAD SHEEP AWARDS!! You guys should check out both the contest and the fic. It's a The Devil is a Part-Timer! fic, Urushihara x OC. I also entered both this story and that one in the Wattys2017. 

Alright that about sums everything up, and as always- see you next One Shot! Sayonara!