Victor x BeginnerSkater!Reader

Just so we're clear, Yuuri doesn't exist in this. I love Yuuri, but we can't have Victor cheating! So, poof, he's gone for this fic. Don't cry, Yuuri will return. Enjoy

You watched from the outside of the rink, leaning against the wall as you watched people skate. You came and watched everyday like this. You were an adult, and had religiously followed Professional Figure Skating for years, and went to the rink just to watch people skate, but could barely skate yourself. It was pathetic, you were pretty athletic,  you had been in quite a few sports growing up, yet you couldn't ice skate. You cursed yourself a thousand times for not being able to work up the nerve to step foot on the ice. Yet, here you were, watching, not trying, just watching.

"Hey! Vhy aren't you skating?" called a voice with a Russian accent. You spun around to see the one, the only, Victor Nikiforov. You bit back a gasp.

"I... can't," you said, feeling childishly incompetent. This man was like, the greatest figure skater ever, and just standing close to him and not being able to skate felt horrible.

"Vat do you mean, you can't?" Victor asked, eyeing you as he walked up to you, as though searching for an injury.

"I never learned," you said, and bit your lip.

"Never?" he asked, bewildered, as though it was the most unexpected thing in the world, "But you vant to."

"... how did you know that?" you asked, surprised.

"You come here every day and just vatch, with zis longing look in your eyes," Victor said, and your eyes widened. He nodded, "Da, I've seen you. What's your name?"

"(Y/N). Now I-"

"Vat's that? You need a teacher?" He asked, smiling and cupping his ear, as to make him hear better.

You rolled your eyes and smiled, "Yes."

"Let's get you skates," He said and grabbed your hand, pulling you to where they were renting out skates. He laced up your rented white figure skates, and helped you up. You stumbled forward, unused to standing on blades, and he caught you; he put one arm around you and grabbed your hand with his free one. You blushed, as he walked you to the rink and helped you onto the ice.

"Do you have an idea of how to move?" he asked, as the two of you stood by the door of the rink.

"Yes, I've been watching there people my whole life," you said, and you tentatively started to push off with each foot, inching forward. Like walking, only sliding your feet to the side.

 "Good! Good!" Victor said, as he helped you along. It went on like this for a while, and you slowly became more confident in yourself. Watching people skate for so long had given you a general idea of how to skate, so it wasn't long before you kind of had the hang of it.

"You're a natural! I'm surprised you haven't-"

You fell back, the impact of the fall jarring your spine and making you groan.

"-fallen. Sorry, I jinxed it," Victor said, skating over and pulling you up. You stood still, catching your breath and rubbing your tailbone.

"Ow... pain. That hurt really bad," you said.

"I know, right?" Victor asked, and laughed.

---------

You started coming to the ice rink every time you had the chance. Victor was always there, and you always skated together. You kept getting better, and soon, you were just as good as the average 13-year-old, which was quite a lot younger than you, but it certainly was progress.

---------

They always played music during this open-skating time, and the song Shall we skate? came on over the speakers. It was a popular song, and quite a few pros have skated to this song for their routines.

"Shall we skate?" Victor asked, and grabbed your hand, almost pulling you along with the music. Your face turned a bright shade of crimson.

You laughed and sang along with the upbeat tune. Victor brought you to the center of the rink, and began to skate in circles around you, free styling. He had no plan, just spontaneously making it up as he went. It was amazing, jump after jump. You sang and clapped to the music.

And then...

On love: Eros.

He began to skate to this one too, totally changing moods. Your face turned redder the longer you watched. It was amazing. Eros, romantic or sexual love. It definitely reflected in his skating. At some point he skated over and grasped your hand (1:22 ⤴ in the song), you skated with him, trying your best to do well and keep up. At the end of the song, he broke away from you (2:00 ⤴) and went into a combination spin, and at the last second pulled out of it, and skated to you, pulling you into a kiss as the last note played.

This took you completely off-guard. Your eyes widened and your cheeks reddened. You then sank into the kiss, closing your eyes.

The two of you pulled away and you said, "Did you plan that? It seemed choreographed."

"No, I swear! It just happened," Victor said, although that made you think he had planned it more than you had before.

You smiled and rolled your eyes, "It was amazing though," you said, and pulled Victor into another kiss.