(Chpt.10-01) Resolution👌🏽

Beginning of Chapter Ten
-Déja Vu-
~~~
:: 15 minutes later ::
(Jacob's Pov)

Returning from Diya's laundry room and after checking on Desiree, I finally took a seat on the couch shirtless. As you probably know, Dyme had a little fallin' out eailer and actually stained my white shirt with her bloody hand.

And I knew for sure that I couldn't go home without a shirt, or that's just begging for a whole notha' argument with Christine. So now I have to wait until my shirt is clean to go home, I just hope that bleach works😩

Diya on the other hand is sitting on the couch next to me, holding and messing with her arm that is now wrapped up in bandages. It was quiet in the dark living room, where only the light from her windows shined a nightly blue glow down on us. It was finally peaceful after one hell of a night.

"I'm sorry--you had to see me like that..." she confessed, saying it softly.

"Yeah me too. I hated seeing you hurt yourself like that. I guess that's really how your arm got like that sadly..."

This wasn't the first time Diya cut herself, this was just the first time I've actually seen it with my own two eyes. Her wrist and all the way up her forearm was proof that this wasn't anything new.

"Why do you cut yourself again anyways?" I looked at her, seriously.

"To let go of the pain. You see how calm and...soft I am now. I cut myself because it's soothes me and it strangely calms me down. I really don't expect you to understand that but I'm just telling you.......well again"

"Mm. But don't you think it's messing up your arm? You have so many cuts Diya and those cuts were there before we even met"

"I know. I told you I--I re-cut some of em not to make anymore. ...Maybe I am....crazy" she looked away.

"Nah, you just a weirdo..." I teased.

"I know" she smiled. "I'd rather be different than boring like yo ugly negro-ass"

"Yeah whatever. Now, please can you just tell me what's up with you? Why have you been acting so iffy towards me?"

"I won't anymore okay, I'm sorry for acting like a bitch. I was just...going through a lot of emotions and then I blew up in the kitchen. But now I'm fine and I promise you that I am. I was at my lowest point Jay, and I'm ashamed that you had see me like that"

"It's alright, I don't think of you any less or different..."

"I'm also sorry about being jealous..., I'm woman enough to tell you that I was in fact jealous of you and her. Only because she has you now. The one that got away for me,... the one man I would give my all too and just the one I loved period. But if she makes you happy, then I'll be happy for you okay. Just tell her to watch her mouth around me and our kid. I don't play that disrespectful shit"

"Trust me I know and I guess it's vice versa for me too. Even though I yelled at you saying "I don't love you, slut", you should've known that, ...that was complete bullshit. If I didn't love you, I would've never came back to you as much I did,... I would've cut you off completely,.... I wouldn't be here talking to you or concerned about you. I care about you Diya, honestly. I even told my mama this, that's how much I was worried about...us. I hate seeing you cry and...hurting yourself. I hate that you don't know how much of an amazing and great person you are deep down. So what if people don't see that, don't let it get you down, girl. Because what I see, is someone completely different than what you portray her to be. You're special and special to me. And I love you, I put that on my father's grave and everything else" I patted my chest were my heart was.