(Chpt 8-08) Problems🆘

Chapter Eight
-Mama Mama-
~~~~
:: 5 minutes later ::
(Jacob's Pov)

Now me and Dyme were sitting on her couch, watching Scandal. Or maybe I should say I was watching it, since someone was glued to her phone the entire time.

"What chu' doing" I leaned over to snoop.

"Posting your picture..." She said, writing a caption.

SheA_Dyme: Her father💗👀👪👶🎀

"You not even using the picture you took!" I snapped

"Nah, I just thought it was cute" she laughed.

"I seriously don't like you" I sat up.

"I don't like you either, b*tch" she laughed again.

"So what is it that you wanted to talk to me about. Get off the phone"

I watched her listen to me for once, putting her phone on the end table before she turned to me in her tank top and sweats.

"....Why do you never want to touch my stomach. You're the only one who hasn't felt her yet, and she's your daughter"

I looked away.

"Like I appreciate you picking me up this afternoon but....you gotta start doing your part for her too, even if she isn't fully here yet. You never go get an ultrasound with me, nor go to the check ups, you haven't felt her yet, you haven't even talked about her much. And I just want to know why..."

"I don't know okay,...it's just-something that I'm not used to doing. I don't know how to be a dad and I didn't think I'd be one at 22..."

"Okay and what's wrong with that age?"

"I'm still young..."

"I'm still young too, I'm only 21. Just got out of high school three years ago and now I gotta look forward to having a baby"

"Mm...."

"If I don't ask anything else of you, I just ask that you'll be a father okay. I know it's hard to think about it but...we're in this together..."

"Truth is...I'm scared.." I confessed.

"Why?"

"It's a lot to think about. We're bringing another human being into this f*cked up world. What's not to be afraid about"

"Well don't be scared, our parents did it for us. So now it's our turn...to be..our own heros"

"Yeah..." I smiled her way.

As much as everything had seemed happy between us,.....it all changed in a blink of an eye. We all know what my ex is capable of but sometimes I really underestimate her...
*
:: 3 months later, December ::
(Dyme's Pov)