(Chpt.4-15) The Trip prt 1✈

Chapter Four
-My First Love-
~~~~~~~
"So you two got together kind of and you went off to Los Angeles. Was it hard being away from him? You said you were gone for the rest of the summer right?"

Yeah it was hard. Especially when...I knew that my baby was at home, while so many...men and just attractive folks were around me 24/7 and I couldn't be with the one I promised to wait for. It was very hard. But that's when I knew I loved this boy. When you're away from someone too long and you start to change,..........there's something there.
~

So after me and Jay said our final goodbyes in the airport, it all started to feel...kind of sad. Like I was leaving home for the first time. Even though technically I was😜 That part I was excited about but..leaving him was bitter sweet.

"You're going to call me, right?" I asked, still wrapped in his arms with my suitcases in hand.

"Yes D, for the 30th time. Trust me I'll keep in touch, you're not the only one who's going to be lonely. So just call me whenever you're not busy"

"Okay. I'll see you soon then and I'll call you when I get situated"

"Aight. I love you and be...careful okay. It ain't all sunshine and beaches in California"

"Ha, like I'm about that thug life shit. But I love you too and I will okay. Just promise me you'd come get me if I'm in any trouble" I said, leaning in.

"It depends on what kind of trouble, knowing you" he teased.

"Fuck you" I smiled.

"D!? Just kiss him and let's go!" Kel yelled behind me, causing me to bite my lip.

"I'm sorry we gotta leave each other. But I'm a miss you and I love you...again"

"Love you too"

I reached up and kissed his lips gently, rubbing his face before I heard the announcement play for our plane.

"Shit, I gotta go okay" I pulled back quickly and grabbed all my bags.

"Aight. Call me!"

"Okay!" I yelled back, in the midst of running to the gate with Kel to board our plane.

I remember me and Kehlani scrambling to get to our seats in time, bumping everyone else in the aisles in the process to get to first class. Once there on the top deck,...I could see the whole airport through the windows. Me and her chose some comfortable seats near the windows in fact and took in the lavish interior.

"Yo this shit is sick, you see these tables. Bottles of champagne and cocktails already laid out. Ain't you excited?!" Kel gasped.

"Yeah I am, and I know right. You should go see if they can get the tv on" I said.

I was just really trying to get her away for a moment. Truth is, I was sad and just Jay playing back and forth in my head wasn't making it any better. I was hoping I could see him while we pulled off but,...everything looked like ants from up here.