(Chpt.2-03) James💙🤱

Chapter Two
-A Baby with a baby-
~~~~~~~~~

:: A couple hours later :: 🕦
(Rosa's/ Diya's grandmother POV)🌷

Looking through the glass of Diya's hospital room, me and her mother Kimberly stared into the room and watched how she interacted with the baby. It was such a beautiful moment. She was holding him up to her chest and cuddling him as he slept.

"Reminds me of you, when you were holding her and her sister" I reminisced to my daughter.

"Yeah. I'm sure she feels the same way I did too that day. Like nothing else matters and life actually has its soft moments. All because you brought that little one into the world and get to hold and see...that smile...or hear that cry. Its the most precious moment of your life.."

I smiled and rubbed her back softly. Kimberly is definitely a great mother and it shows. She just wants the best for her kids and it seemed to have passed down to her daughter too. Even as early as 12.

I still think it's a little irresponsible to be...raising a child at such a young age, but he's here now and apart of the family. And very loved and adored already.

"What did she name him?" I asked, watching one of the doctors get up from checking Diya's body.

"James..."

"A Dominican boy named James, huh?" I chuckled lightly.

"Yep. But it's her kid, so...that's her call. I think he'll fit into the name better when he's a little older"

"Mm. Who's the papa?"

"Algún chico de mierda.." she cursed.
(English: Some Fuck boy..)

"Ay. *Rubs forehead dramatically* What was she thinking?"

"She thought the little boy loved her and...it's to be expected when it's your first time receiving that kind of attention"

"Cierto.."
(English: True)

"You know, I was going to...take custody of the kid for now. Just until it's time for him to be with her and especially when she's older"

"Hmm, that's nice of mama" I smiled at her.

"I love my kids and I kind of miss having a baby to take care of, you know. Its just work...work and more work"

"Just don't get too attached. Remember that, that's her baby...not yours"

"Mama I know that, I would never take the baby fully. I'm just trying to protect my daughter's image. I don't want her to be known as the girl who got pregnant at 12 years old"

"Good on you, that's very nice. I'm a go meet the little guy now, and see how my new grandson is" I walked away and into the room itself.

(Diynara's POV)👶❤
>Door opens<🚪💢

I looked up from nuzzling my son to watch my abuela come in through the door. She smiled at me and came over quietly to my bedside.

"Hey, how you doing mama?" she asked.

"Sore but it's manageable"

"I'm sure. So how's your time with him? Are you excited?"

"Yeah I–I just can't get over how small and precious he is. And he's all mine.." I rubbed his head gently.

"Yep, and never forget that. Its so beautiful to see you act this way, and you're already holding him like you're never going to let go"

 Its so beautiful to see you act this way, and you're already holding him like you're never going to let go"

"Because I won't. I'm trying to enjoy being a mother before I...sign over custody"

*
It was fun while it lasted with James as my son but then came time when I had to give my rights over to my own parents. I knew it was a better choice overall and that I needed to be.....baby free until I finished school. My mom was really doing me a huge favor with this and I couldn't be anymore appreciative of it.

So when me and James got out from the hospital, I went straight to the courts with my parents. From there, I did my part to sign over custody, but it takes two to make a baby right? So...they needed the father's agreement as well.

It was really tricky to find Malik again but they finally got a hold of him and his mother. I remember sitting in the courtroom when I saw Malik for the first time in...months. I thought I'd never see him again, nor did I want to. And clearly he had the same idea.

After meeting his eyes with a stare, they closed the doors and his mom came in instead.
~

"Hi, I'm Destiny Owens. Malik's mother and I'm here in place of him today" his mom came to join us in the front.

"Well why isn't Mr. Owen present himself, ma'am?" The judge asked.

"My son has asked me personally to just get this over with. He doesn't want...um–anything to do with miss Taylor and her family. I can't get him to come in and...I even tried to encourage him to step up but–I um. I'm sorry I'm stuttering but I am so sorry for my son's behavior. I honestly don't think it'll be good for him to raise a baby either...with his issues"

"Why can't you do anything?! You're his mother" my mom said.

"Mom, please. Its okay. If he doesn't want to see me or my baby then fine. I'll do it by myself. Simple"

"Diya, he gave you that baby. Why don't you want him taking care of it.."

"Child support?" I suggested.

"I'd be more than happy to agree to that and whatever you decide today" his mom spoke.

"Let's get started then, please take a seat" the judge asked his mom.

Hey thanks for reading --Tay B.🌺