Spriggans...16....

SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG BUT YEAH I'M LAZY. HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER, IT'S PRETTY IMPORTANT I THINK. ITS SETS UP SOME GROUNDWORK FOR STUFF SO YEAH. HERE YOU GO. COMMENT, I LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK. Current cover made by aventine. Picture is of commander Nuria! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“No!” I felt myself propel forward only to be held in an armlock by another cloaked figure. I felt his smokey cloth brush against my hands. While his clothes were smooth and icey, his touch was burning hot. At first I though that most of the pain my arms felt was because of the strength the held them with but in a split second, I realized it was because of the heat.

My pain, however was quickly forgotten when I saw the glint of a sword dancing dangerously above Mr. Quentin’s head. I turned away, looking at Tyler or Craig for comfort only to find that they were in the exact position as I was in, held roughly by a bunch of smoaky men in cloaks.

“Make her watch, we need to prove a point,” Constantina spoke to whoever held me. I felt the burning man’s hand go to my jaw where he harshly turned my head to look at the scene in front of me.

I shut my eyes, I didn’t want to see these crazy island people murder a guy who meant something to me, even if I didn’t want to admit it.

I felt a warm breath next to my ear whispering in a melodious, husky voice, “Just watch.”

It didn’t sound malevolent, although a bit frustrated and I felt the urge to slap whoever was underneath the cloak. How in the world was the expecting me to be totally calm and ‘just watch’ some tree people kill a guy I…loved? Did I love him? Did I like him?

What did it matter anyway, the sword glinted above his head and the would be dead anyway.

“Trust me, just watch,” This guy was relentless but before I had the time to think again, the blade came down above Mr. Quentin’s head.

All 5 of us shouted protests while the Sidhe were completely quiet.

And while I expected blood to ooze out of a gashing hole where Mr. Quentins head used to be, the strangest thing happened. A faint golden glow outlined Mr. Quentin’s body that made a thing barrier between his neck and the blade. The knife looked as if it were touching his skin, trying to penetrate it but it was no use. The golden outline worked like a charm. No harm came to Mr. Quentin, at least not physically. The look on his face though made me think that his emotional stability might be tampered with.

“Kill her,” The queen pointed to Ash only to have a cloaked man try to stab her with a dagger only to be enveloped by the same golden tint.

“Kill him,” The queen pointed yet again to Tyler this, where a smoaky man, yet again, tried to diagonally cut Tyler at his torso only to be stopped by the same golden light.

“What the hell is going on!” I exclaimed struggling against the man holding me.

“You wouldn't believe me when I told you that my power had limitations, I am merely a servant of the island. These men holding you are called Spriggans. They are the warriors of my court–they obey my command. But this clearing is neutral ground, there must always be peace here. More importantly the island had demonstrated its power. It won’t allow anyone to hurt her new children, not while in transition, fatal blows against you all would be futile,” Constantina explained.

“So why the hell did you try to kill us!?” Liv yelled from behind, suddenly gaining a new found confidence.

“She didn’t,” I choked out. To be completely honest I didn’t like the queen. She used fear and manipulation to prove a point that could have been much more gently delivered but I understood her.