Proud

"You're on in 10, guys." Mike, the tour manager, said. All the guys nodded and got up to put their 'concert' clothes on. The girls and I sat on the couch in their dressing room, eating and talking to them as they got ready. I was in mid-conversation with Cole about his nervousness when Dana started taking off his shirt to change on the other side of the room behind Cole. I tried to concentrate on what Cole was saying, but found my eyes drifting to Dana. He lifted his shirt over his head and my eyes widened at his body. He is definitely more built since the last time I saw him shirtless and his 6 pack is a lot more prominent. I struggled to avert my eyes while Cole was talking to me. Of course Dana decided to stretch at that moment- his biceps flexing in the process. Subconsciously, my upper teeth sank into the corner of my bottom lip. I noticed from the corner of my eye that Cole had stopped talking completely and was laughing at my actions. I saw him and the girls snapping fingers in front of my face as Dana slipped his sweat pants off and pulled a pair of dark jeans over his legs. I gulped as he turned to me, licking his lips. A smirk fell on his face and I knew that he was aware of the state he had me in- and was enjoying it. It was like I was under a spell and had no way of returning to my natural ways of life. Dana was most likely fully aware that my feelings for him were back and, knowing him, will use it against me some how.

I wasn't sure how long I'd been intently watching Dana, but he was fully dressed now and walking my way. I started panicking inside trying to snap back to the real world, but sadly as long as Dana's gaze was on me, I was trapped. "You okay?" His voice was full of amusement and something else that I couldn't quite catch. I finally snapped out of it and quickly nodded my head, gulping. "Is it hot in here?" I asked nervously, fanning myself. It had seemed like the temperature in the small room rose a good hundred degrees and I was sweating really bad. I knew my face looked an unhealthy shade of red, but there was nothing I could do about it. "Nah, it's actually pretty cold in here." Kc teased, wrapping her arms around herself. I nodded and quickly walked, to the food table and grabbed an ice cold water bottle. "Ima just go outside for a minute." I informed them before rushing out of the room and into the hallway. I was hoping they'd just leave me be, but was soon disappointed when I heard someone calling my name. "What the fuck happened back there, Liv?!" Tesia swung her arms up in the air once she caught up to me. I shrugged and took more sips of the water, cooling my body down. "You were staring at him like I stare at Dave Franco in 21 Jump Street! Maybe even worse!" I gave her an awkward smile and I guess something clicked in her head. "You still love him!" She gasped, her hand flying to her mouth. "What, no! I can't! Well maybe! No, not maybe! Okay, maybe just a little... I don't know!" Tesia just looked at me wide-eyed.

She looked both ways down the hallway, like she was looking for oncoming traffic, then pulled me farther away from the room. "Are you guys ready for IM5!?" The lead singer, Collin, of the opening band, One Way, asked the audience; screams could be heard from here. "You always told me you were over him!" I nodded, but didn't say anything. "Why didn't you tell me? Is that why you cried when you'd see that whore and Dana together?" Her voice softened as she looked at me. I slightly nodded again, only then becoming aware that I had been crying. She pulled me in for a hug and I cried into her shirt. "I shouldn't love him!" I sobbed. Tesia lightly pushed me back and looked me in the eye. She had a small smile on her face. "Liv, you can't choose who you love. You're heart does that. And what your heart wants, your heart wants." I shook my head and wiped my tears. "He hurt me Tesia!" She gave me a look that read 'you have got to be kidding me'. "Yeah, and that was a long ass time ago! You need to forget the past! Okay, so Dana has a girlfriend now, but he loves you. We all see it, the fans see it, she sees it, and you see it. Those little fits he threw when you went out with Cameron were because he was jealous. It's written on his face, Olivia!" I rolled my eyes at her. "If he loves me he wouldn't be dating her and he sure as hell wouldn't have hurt me." I turned around and walked back into the dressing room, passing everyone on the way. My eyes locked with Dana's and he smiled then his face suddenly turned sad, concerned, and confused. I just shook my head and went into the room.

"C'mon! Let's just go and watch them. It's their first big concert like this. They, being you're family, deserve to have you out there watching them." Kody urged. I wanted to watch them, I just couldn't face them. I knew all the embarrassment from earlier would come back and haunt me. "Please!" She begged. I finally gave in with a sigh and followed her to the stage. People were running around and looking busy and rushed. We spotted Tesia and Kc standing with two members from the other band, watching the guys. We walked up to them and joined the little pow-wow. I introduced myself to the boys that were there, since Id only met 2/4 of them them before. "Hey, I'm Grayson." The blonde one smiled, shaking my hand. "And I'm Kyle." A red-head said, doing the same. They were a boy band, too. The group was found on YouTube. They're four 18 year old best friends from Indiana. Grayson and Josh, the 4th member, were twins.

I watched with much joy as my 5 best friends danced and sang on stage in front of thousands of fans. I felt a great load of pride for them. I'm extremely proud of where they have gotten. Not even a year ago they were doing small tours along with other artists and bands with Reality Dance. At one point in one of their songs Dana looked over at me. He smiled and gave me a wink. my heart beat sped up as I tried to contain my feelings. I looked out at the crowd reading the signs that the fans had brought. Some were very clever with funny sayings or memories on them, others just said 'IM5'. One sign I read made me tear up at the fetus memory. Knowing Kc would remember, I tapped her shoulder and pointed to it. She smiled wide as she as well began tearing up. The sign had a bunch of old things the boys had said in their old Ustreams. I took my phone out deciding to tweet.

@Olivia_Woodward: I just saw a sign in the crowd that made me cry. I'm so proud of our boys😭

I notice one girl in the front take out her phone then look around the crowd. I noticed her smile as she turned back around to watch the concert. When the concert was over and they ran back stage something took over and I ran straight to Dana, jumping into his arms. It took his by surprise, but it didn't take him long at all to hug me back tighter. "I'm so proud of you." I whispered in his ear then kissed his cheek. I felt him smile against my neck as he buried his head into it. I tightened my grip as well when he lifted me off the ground. When he put me down I went to go hug the other guys, but Dana grabbed my wrist. "Can we talk later?" He asked, suddenly nervous. I hesitantly nodded and he let go of me, letting me congratulate the others.

-------------

Dana feels

Bad Dana feels

But yeah, I hope you enjoyed this!

25 votes and 10 comments!!