Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

"Impa, right?" I asked, watching as the old-looking woman floated to the ground in front of us. Her feet planted onto the ground, and she placed her hands on her hips. She smiled proudly.

"I haven't time-traveled like that in a long time," she heaved, breathing heavily. "Oh, boy, what a rush!"

I couldn't help but smile. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Shouldn't you be in ancient Hyrule, preparing for the battle against Ganon?"

Impa waved her hand. "Oh, Link, don't worry about it. I just came here to help you all."

Midna shook her head. "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!" She barged in, holding out her hands. "Who is this old lady? Link, don't you think Agitha and I deserve a formal greeting?"

Impa gasped. "Old?" She grunted. "I'll have you know I am only thirty-six years of age, so ha!"

Midna rolled her eyes. "Alright, whatever. Your voice sounds familiar, though. Who are you?"

Impa crossed her arms across her chest. "Who do you think told you to bring Link and Zelda to that dungeon a while back?" She asked, inching closer towards Midna. "Who ordered you to fight Zelda for her to gain the use of her sword?"

Midna's eyes widened. "You're that cranky old crone who wouldn't stop yelling at me!"

Impa gasped once more. "What the-! I'm in my thirties! I'm not an old crone!"

I stepped between the two. "Alright! Let's get back to the topic at hand!" I turned to Impa. "Why are you here?"

Impa, her eyes flaring red, scowled. "Ganon has captured Zelda, as I'm sure you all are aware." She looked up at the sky, clenching her fists down by her sides. "He has been putting dark thoughts in her mind, making her believe that her friends have turned on her."

Agitha stepped closer to Impa and I. "What?! No! I love Zellie! I would never turn on her!"

Impa nodded. "That's exactly my point. You all love Zelda, correct?"

"Yes," Midna, Agitha and I answered in unison.

"Well, Ganon wants Zelda to believe you all have been consumed by darkness, leaving her all alone." Impa closed her eyes, clenching her teeth. "I'm supposed to be her bodyguard... Her protector... Yet I couldn't save her...!"

I placed a hand on Impa's shoulder. "Don't worry, Impa," I said reassuringly, "we'll get her back. I swear on my life, we'll save her."

Impa smiled. "That is exactly why I have come here today."

Midna cocked her head to the side. "Why's that?"

Impa smirked. "You aren't able to use your magic, Midna, because you are still recovering. Is that correct?"

Midna nodded. "Yes, it is."

Impa held up her hands, now glowing a purple color. "I have come to assist you three, since Midna is unable to use her magic."

I smiled. "You can take us to Zelda?"

Impa nodded. "Yes, I can. Now, you three, stand in a circle and hold hands..."

We did as we were told, and Impa crawled into the middle of us. She began chanting an old incantation. She closed her eyes, then horrifically opened her eyes. Her red eyes burned, causing the entirety of her eye to become a dark crimson color. She screamed, and Agitha closed her eyes. I did the same, hoping I would be able to see Zelda.

It'll work, I thought, holding my head up high. Don't worry, Zel. I'm coming.

______________