Chapter Two - "Uh, H-Hi..."

Start from the beginning

On certain days of the month and week will there be an open house. Usually it's organized by age group. There's a day for children who are only a few weeks old, to three. Then there's a day for five to twelve. Thirteen to seventeen are usually after the two other days. The group of people wanting to adopt is smaller on teenage days. Of course anyone can come here at any time wanting to adopt, we just have open houses as well.

I tried to ready myself, thinking of things that made me happy. Jeffree Star, Hershey Kisses, Captain Sauce, pugs.... I just needed to me calm enough to get through this, and hopefully get adopted.

After five minutes Mrs. Grocier opened the door and a surprisingly large enough group came in. It looked to be about 20 to 25 people maybe? This was promising.

I looked around, scanning everyone. They seemed to look alike. The men were dressed half casual, in blue jeans and a button up shirt. The women were either wearing jeans and a blouse or a nice shirt and a skirt. They all seemed boring, but who am I to judge?

I glanced to my side and saw Claire gone. I looked around, trying to find her, only to see her walk over to a single chair. I knew what her goal was. Stand out a little. I couldn't judge that. It seemed to work when I saw a blonde woman and a brunette woman walking towards her. Wait, was Claire right?!

I looked down at my lap, pretending not to be here. It didn't work. I started feeling panicky again. This only happened a few times. I could control myself every now and then.

I got up and went to Mrs. Grocier, explaining the situation. "Do you need to go see the counse-" "no, I need to be alone. I'll go to the bathroom." I said quickly, walking towards the bathroom down the hall. I kept my head down and my arms wrapped around myself. I passed by some guy in all black, knocking into his arm. I mumbled a "sorry," not even caring if he heard or not.

When I got to the bathroom I closed and locked the door. I sat in the far corner and brought my knees to my chest. I took in a deep breath, then let go.

I began shaking slightly. My skin felt all hot and tingly. I couldn't breath right, my heart racing. I cried, hard, but I stayed silent. The only thing to be heard was my sniffling and the occasional whimper. I just wanted this over.

When it as over, after about twenty minutes, I checked myself in the mirror. I cringed at my messy state. I wet some toilet paper and cleaned my face from eyeliner, then pressed it to my eyes so they'd look less bloodshot. I cleaned myself up some more before I walked out of the bathroom and back into the sitting room.

I quietly sat on the edge of the couch, leaning on the arm. My face was blank, I felt numb, and I felt exhausted. I prayed to God no one would talk to me. I was sensitive after anxiety attacks. I would either get pissed off and scream at you, or get upset and start bawling. I didn't want anymore crying.

I kept my gaze on the floor. I saw two black boots step in front of me. I glanced up, my eyes widening. I'm dreaming, it's a dream... Andy Biersack standing in front of me is not reality... What happens if I say something creepy and way too fangirl-ish? At least I wouldn't freak out or get major anxiety, I was too tired for that. I guess that anxiety attack worked for something... Wow, that's a bad thought.

"Hello, I'm Andy. What's your name, if you don't mind me asking?" Andy asked, sitting next to me on the couch. I kept from making eye contact, which wasn't hard. It came with anxiety.

"Uh, h-hi. I'm Blade." I said quietly. Andy nodded. "I'm pretty sure we ran into each other. That blue hair isn't hard to miss." He joked. I nodded. I hated being all sad in front of him, but I couldn't help it! I was too tired to act happy. Andy must've noticed.

"What's wrong?" Andy asked. I had a lot of things I could say. Period? Mood swings? Girl drama? Boyfriend broke up with me? What's the use in lying again?

"Anxiety. I, uh, had an anxiety attack. That's why I was in a rush to get to the bathroom." I said. If Andy did want to adopt me, which I hope he will, I might as well let him know what he's dealing with. Andy gave me a slightly sympathetic look. "That's bad. You okay now?" I nodded. "Tired, but fine."

"So how old are you?" Andy asked.

"Fourteen."

"What kind of stuff are you into?"

"I like music, art, writing, reading, skateboarding, roller skating, drumming on tables with pencils, animé, video games, shooting pens." I rambled.

"So you like music? What kind?" Andy seemed a little more cheerful, which I guess was making me feel a bit happier.

"Glam metal, a few punk rock bands, heavy metal, crunkcore, alternative, electronic. I'm a huge fan of bands like Blood On The Dance Floor, Falling I'm Reverse, Motionless In White, Black Veil Brides, Icon For Hire, and a lot more." I said, smiling at the mention of Black Veil Brides. I looked at Andy for a few seconds, then looked back to the floor. The quickest way to win me over or get me to open up is to ask about music.

"Well, Blade, how would you mind being adopted by me and Juliet?" Andy asked. I smiled widely and nodded. "Wait, where is she?" I asked. "She's still at the car. Had to call someone. She's coming in soon, and I think she'll like you." Andy said.

I led Andy to Mrs. Penny. He told her he and Juliet would like to adopt me. "I gotta go get Juliet and sign some papers, go pack. We'll be there in a while." I nodded and raced to my room. When I got there Claire was packing. When she saw me we both squealed at the same time.

"I'm getting adopted! By a gay couple too! It's so weird, I was right!" Claire closed her underwear drawer, then went to her second drawer. We shared a dresser, me having the top three, her having the bottom three.

"I'm getting adopted too! By someone from my favorite band! Yes! I was wrong!" I cheered, grabbing my ugly, green suitcase from the closet and began. I tried to do it neatly, but ended up being messy. Oh well.

I got halfway done when there was a knock on the door. The blonde woman from before came in, as well as the woman's... Wife? I'm guessing? "Okay Claire, is it okay if Michelle and I stay in here? We have to stay until the end of the open house." The blonde woman said. "Okay Carol." The women sat down on her bed.

I felt uncomfortable as I finished packing. "Hello, you're Blade aren't you?" The blonde woman, Carol, asked. I found it extremely weird that they knew who I was, but decided that Claire probably told them.

I nodded. "Yeah." I closed my suitcase and got out a small purse. I opened my bedside drawer and got out some razorblades, a lighter, and a few necklaces and pens, being careful not to let anyone in the room see. I placed them in my purse. I moved under my bed, getting my notebook, journal, the pen I threw under here, and all of my books. These went in my book bag.

After that I went to the girls bathroom in this place and went to cubby like thing with my bathroom stuff in it. I grabbed my shampoos, body washes, face creams and washes, and deodorant. I left the bathroom and put it all in a plastic bag, putting that also in my suitcase.

I didn't attempt to make a conversation with Claire's moms the whole time.

Soon Andy and Juliet came in. "We are done, you packed?" He asked. I nodded. "Okay, good. We have about ten minutes."

I talked with Juliet some, but I mostly said bye to Claire. We'd be texting a lot, probably. Andy made small talk with the lesbians for a while.

Finally it was time to go. A person would be by the house to inspect the place. I walked out with the two, packing my suitcase and purse. I refused to let him pack them, but someone had to carry my book bag, and Juliet was only too happy to help. As we made it closer to their car I had one thought in mind:

'Please don't be like my last family....'

******

A/N: 2209 words?! Wow!