Epilogue

Rise Up, Andra Day

Quote;

At some point we move forward,
But we never forget what made us.

Epilogue.

      It has been a year since Isaac left to find himself, and it has been around ten months since my dad left.. Trevor graduated last year, though it did take a lot of convincing to get him to stay in school.

     But with all of us supporting each other, we made it work. And I'm happy for him, although he hasn't started college quite yet.

     Soon it's going to be my turn to walk out on that stage, in order to receive my exit ticket out of this hell hole. I glance in Heidi's direction, beads of sweat on her forehead. I offer her an encouraging smile and she returns it, shifting nervously from one foot to the other.

     Searching the crowd my eyes land on Cathy, she waves at me. I nod in her direction and turn away, still feeling indifferent towards her presence in my life. I don't think I'll ever get used to her, though I must admit she has grown on me.

     Paige nudges me and I frown, "What?"

     She chuckles, "They called you, go out there and get your diploma." I take a deep breath before walking across the stage, my heart racing.

     Recieving my diploma I shake my former teacher's hands, hearing a sudden applause I quickly walk off the stage.

    I look down at the diploma in my hands, here I am. I did it, I graduated highschool. Feeling the paper beneath my hands felt surreal, it was not a detention slip or some disciplinary referal.. But a diploma proudly stating that I had graduated successfully.

     And I'm proud of myself for coming this far, I'm actually proud.

     I turn to see others names being called, eventually it was time for Heidi to give her speech. Looking upon us for reassurance, she looks down at her paper. Her hands are visibly shaking, Marcus and I exchange a worried look.

     Brad leans towards me, "Should one of us go up there and help her?"

     "No." I whisper, "I'm sure she'll-"

     My voice is interrupted by the sound of paper ripping, my eyes widen as she rips up her entire speech into tiny pieces.

     As she takes a deep breath, she keeps her eyes trained on the back wall. You could practically see her chest flowing up and down, the rapid movement suddenly coking to a halt.

     "Here we are, the end of the semester and our journey into adulthood. You all should be proud of yourselves, you made it this far. We survived our days of elementary, middle school, and now highschool. If we can survive what is thrown at us here, we can conquer what the world is going to throw at us now."

     Heidi clears her throat as she looks at us, "Throughout this year many of us have experienced heartache, pain, and drama. The struggle to stay true to yourself, and the courage to help others in need. You wouldn't be here holding these diplomas if you weren't dedicated, so congratulations class of 2018. You did it, we did it!"

    The whole audience is silent and then erupts into an applause, causing all of us to join in. Spotting Trevor in the crowd he makes his way over to us, smiling.

      "Congratulations."

     I hug him and he chuckles, slowly returning it. Pulling away from him, Heidi walks off the stage and hurries towards our group. We all engulf her in a hug and she laughs, Trevor smiles at her and a small blush forms on her face.

     "I feel.. good." She says with a grin, turning to Paige and I. "Thanks for helping me go over my speech, sorry I ripped it up."

     Letting out a soft laugh I place a hand on her shoulder, "You spoke what you felt, that's all we could ask for."

     Eventually their parents walked over, greeting and congratulating them.

     They left Trevor and I to be by ourselves, eventually Cathy made her way over. "Can I take a picture
of you two?" She questions.

      Trevor slings an arm over my shoulder and I hold up my diploma with a grin on my face.

    And she snaps the photo, out of the corner of my eye I spot a figure causing me to pull away. Cathy's smile widens as my dad comes to view, did they plan this? I rush towards him, pulling me into a tight hug he picks me up swinging me around despite his body being quite frail.

     Tears filled my eyes, "What are you doing here?" I whisper as he sets me down, "My treatment plan has been transfered, so I'll be closer to home and allowed to see you."

     My eyes light up as he presses a kiss against my forehead, "I'm so very proud of you."

     "Thanks, I'm so happy you were able to make it here." I say, refusing to let go of his hand."

      "What kind of father would I be if I missed your graduation?"

     Smiling up at him I pull him towards Trevor, "Dad, this is a friend of mine his name is Trevor. Trevor, this is my dad."

     He shakes his hand and my Dad gives me a skeptical look, "Mind if I borrow you?"

     "Nope." I say, he grabs Cathy's hand and I wave at Trevor before hurrying off.

     As long as I get to spend time with my dad, I don't care what we do. As long as I get to see him.

A/N

A/N

Thank you so much for reading the Epilogue for Chasing Bad, what
do you guys think?

Can't wait to see all your comments
and read all of your opinions.

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤