Chapter 18

Guns and Roses, Bohnes

Quote;

Those who bring out the worst in you,
Can sometimes bring out the best.

Chapter 18.

Zipping up my jacket, I venture out the doors of the school. Wind whips past me and a chill goes down my spine, making me shiver. Walking around the school yard, I find myself deep in thought.

I don't want to go to lunch, be around all that noise. All of those people talking, some of them even gossiping.. perhaps about me. Isaac said everyone knew, that everyone knows how Noelle failed to maintain a relationship. Maybe it really is my fault he cheated..

Slowly making my way to the side of the school, I inhale a strong scent. Choking back a cough, my eyes begin to water. It takes a moment for me to adjust to the sight before me, Isaac is lifting a blunt up to his lips.

Seriously, drugs?

I shouldn't be surprised, he seems like the type of person who engages in "shady activities." Gavin probably has no clue. If he did, I'm sure that'd tear him apart.

From the looks of it Isaac doesn't seem to know I am standing only a few feet away from him. Or maybe he does, perhaps he's waiting for me to say something. So he'll have no choice but to acknowledge my presence.

Tempted to say something, anything I instead turn my back on him, and walk away. I've got no business saying anything to him about his problems. I have issues of my own to deal with, I'm no better than him..

All he's doing is destroying himself slowly, and maybe I'll just let him. Does that make me a bad person?

Staying outside for a little while longer, the day draws on longer than usual it seems, and then I'm in my second to last period. Art class. I've never hated a class more than this. It's awful, Mr. Gilbert is extremely dull.

For five minutes straight I stare at the blank canvas in front of me. There's no way he expects me to paint a flower as detailed as the one he left on display. Absolutely no way I can do that, I don't have an artistic bone in my body.

My eyes wander to the canvas to my right, a beautiful dandelion happens to be on it. Yup, there's no way I am doing art as my elective next year. Looking at the person my eyes widen, Brad begins to outline the flower and I can't help but stare. Huh, there's a lot I don't know about him.

"You didn't tell me you had a knack for drawing." I muse, leaning over.

Nearly dropping his paintbrush, his cheeks redden. "It never came up in conversation."

I smile at him, stalling. "Have you ever decided to pursue it as a career?"

"An artist, no." Brad replies, shrugging. "I'm more interested in becoming a hockey player than I am actually taking part in the arts. Do you know what you're going to do with your flower yet?"

Crap, I really need to get started.

Brad gives me an encouraging look as he turns his attention back onto the canvas. To stall I look at the other person on my left to see them making their flower too. It wasn't as pleasant to look at as Brad's, it looked kind of depressing in a way. It wasn't that good either, but who am I to judge?

"Roberts, why is your canvas completely blank?"

I turn to see Mr. Gilbert and I plaster a fake smile onto my face, "I have no inspiration for this project that we are doing, no one is actually being the flower." I comment dramatically, earning me a stern look.

"By the end of this class something needs to be painted on that paper of yours."

Mr. Gilbert sends one last sharp look in my direction before walking away, sticking my tongue out at his back, I snatch my paintbrush off the table next to me. Dipping the bristles into the black paint, I do what he told me to do, I paint. What I paint earns me another detention. 

 It's been a while since I've hung out at Heidi's place

 It's been a while since I've hung out at Heidi's place. Paige's grandma has left her off the hook by the looks of it since she's over here. Or perhaps she told another one of her lies. Wouldn't be surprised, the girl never seems to learn. Neither do I.

Paige tosses another one Heidi's pillows up into the air and catches it, occasionally letting out a groan of irritation here and there. Heidi, pretending to not hear her, continues to work at her desk in the corner. Paige's eyes land on me and I shrug, unlike us, Heidi pretty much has her priorities straight.

"Anything new with you and Brad?" Paige asks, turning on her stomach. "Another date?"

"It wasn't a date the last time we went out."

"Uh huh, totally believe you." She winks, giving me a thumbs up.

Chuckling, I shove her away from me. "Anyways, we agreed earlier this afternoon to meet up at the food court Thursday around four. We're just gonna hang out at the mall."

"Qué adorable!" Paige exclaims, clapping her hands together. "Not an ideal date, but, we have our own preferences."
"It's not a date, it's just two friends han-"

"No need to be so defensive!" Heidi chimes in, tucking her folder away, smirking. "You say it's not a date, it's definitely not a date whatsoever."

I hate them so much sometimes.

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to
me! What do you guys think
of Isaac's use of drugs?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤