Chapter 24

So Low, Andie Case

Quote;

Even those who are the coldest,
Have a heart of pure gold too.

Chapter 24.

Plopping down on the couch as Isaac finishes cleaning in the kitchen, I rub my arms. Looking around the living room my eyes land on a picture frame. Taking it off the coffee table, I stare at the picture.

In that photo Mom looked lively, filled with joy. I still remember that day, we went out of town and stayed at a hotel for a couple of nights and visited the beach. With Mom around there wasn't ever a dull moment, she always cracking a joke or telling some sort of elaborate story. Maybe this is why Dad drinks so much.. the guilt. The fact that he never noticed that his own wife was thinking she was better off dead.

Why didn't she tell anybody?

My phone rings for the third time today and I pick it up, instantly greeted by a string of curse words. "Where are you, we been worried sick! You didn't pick up last night, and no one has seen you in any classes," Paige scolds.

"How are you feeling, Noelle? How is your dad, Noelle? Is there anything I can do for you to make things easier on your mental health, No-"

"Oh shut up, I was gettin' there, you perra sarcástica!"

Setting the picture frame down on my lap, I run my fingers through my hair. "Look last night was rough and I decided to stay home. I didn't pick up last night because I didn't wanna talk, okay?"

She sighs, "Yeah, fine. But if you need anything niña, let someone know. We droppin' by after school."

"See you then."

"Bye."

Isaac emerges from the kitchen, a dishrag laid out on his shoulder. "Everything in here is good, is there anything else that needed to be done that you're aware?"

"No.. thanks for the help."

He shrugs, wringing his hands together. "We should get going now."

"What do you mean get going?"

He gives me a pointed look, grabbing his hoodie off the table. "We're going out, I'm not leavin' you here alone and by the looks of it, you could do with a break from this place."

Giving him a once-over, I put my feet on the couch and lay back. "Yeah no, I'm staying here. You can leave, no one is asking you to babysit me."

"Then stop acting like a child and I won't have to. Now let's go."

"Isaac, you told me to stay out of your life and now-"

"And now I realize how wrong of me that was." He interrupts, shoulders sagging. "Noelle I'm doing you a favor alright, I'm sure Gavin would really like to see you. Do you really want to keep him waiting?"

Great, using the kid against me.

"Fine, I'll get dressed."

"Thank you."

"Whatever."

  Isaac parks the car in front of a convenience store, and just as I'm about to question him he gets out of the car

  Isaac parks the car in front of a convenience store, and just as I'm about to question him he gets out of the car. "I'll be right back, stay inside."

Watching as he disappears into the store, I am instantly engulfed with one feeling. Paranoia. Why did I think going with him would be a good idea? The last time I got into a car with him, we got shot at for crying out loud!

Before I can panic further, he exits the store holding a case of beer. Relaxing a bit once he gets into the car, he puts the cases on the floor in front of me. I stare at them curiously, occasionally glancing in his direction.

"I don't drink."

"Could've fooled me."

Rolling my eyes at his comment, neither of us say a word until we are halfway down the street. Ahead of us is an abandoned lot and in the surrounding area, a cluster of trees and brush. Isaac parks the car and I stare at him as he unbuckles his seat belt, and turns off the car.

He gets out of the car and like an idiot, I sit there. Isaac, noticing that I haven't moved, glares at me. "Seriously, no one is going to do anything to you. Just get out and follow me."

"I thought we were going to see Gavin, unless you're trying to tell me you abandoned a helpless child in the woods, I'm not getting out."

Isaac shrugs, "Suit yourself, there are not a lot of nice people in this area. Have fun."

As soon as that comment is made I am out of the car. Hauling the case of beer as we enter the woods, I take notice of his gun in the waistband of his belt. I always knew I'd die young, possibly by my own hand, but not like this.

The further into the woods we walk, the harder my breathing becomes. Why didn't I stay in the car? Why did I even agree to leave the house? Eventually we come across a tree stump and Isaac takes - well snatches - the beer case away from me. Opening the case, he pulls a couple of them out and sets them on the stump.

He's going to shoot them?

"It's a good stress reliever for me, despite the mess it makes." He adds with a chuckle, taking his gun out.

"So you're going to shoot the cans, not me?"

Isaac turns to face me, annoyed. "Seriously, if I wanted to kill you I could've easily put a bullet in the back of your head by now."

What a nice way to put it.

"And I'm not shooting the cans," He holds the gun out to me. "You are."

A/N

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to
me! What do you think of
Isaac and his plan?

What is something crazy you've done before?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤