Chapter 27

Good Die Young, Molly Kate Kestner

Quote;

Some things will stick with us forever,
But we can still choose to move on.

Chapter 27.
    Isaac's POV.

"You're gonna get through this, okay? Everything will be-"

Gavin cries out in pain and I squeeze his hand, not able to do anything but watch. He has been placed on life support to try and buy him some time. By the looks of it, it's not doing much for him.

Tears slip down his cheeks and it takes everything in me to fight back my own, I need to be strong for him, now is not the time for weakness. Kissing his forehead I rub the back of his hand with my thumb, I've never been one to believe in God, but right now I need him.. If this God exists, he can take his pain away, he can end his suffering.

Please.. help me.

I wipe my eyes and Gavin stares at me, despite the searing pain in his head, he smiles at me and I struggle to return it. "I let you down, I couldn't afford to get you the proper treatment. I couldn't get you everything you needed and now.. I'm so sorry."

"Y-you did s-so much." Gavin whispers, weakly squeezing my hand. "You're a g-good brother."

"Gavin-"

"Y-you love me, r-right?"

I nod, "You know I do."

"Th-then call N-No-Noelle.. for me."

Tempted to argue I instead pull out my phone, never letting go of his hand, I look through my contacts to find her name in there, in all caps. Gavin. Shaking my head, unable to suppress a watery smile I call her.

The entire conversation is difficult to have with her. It's clear she cares about Gavin just as much as I do. Saying the words, "he's going to die," is almost unbearable. Yet I do it, because it's the truth. No use in sugar coating so it's easier to here, that's the truth of the matter. Gavin is going to die, and it's all my fault.

Hanging up the phone I turn my attention back onto him, moans of agony escape his lips and I close my eyes. Tears manage to make their way down my cheeks, and for the first time, I don't wipe them away. I'm never going to see him again..

"You w-will be fine with-without me, Isaac. Y-your life ca-can't stop be-because of me."

"You are my life, everything I do is because of you."

"And n-now everything you d-do will be for you."

I don't want anything for me anymore. I promised myself to protect him from harm. To never allow anything to damage him in any way, and looking at him now, I've failed to do that. I have failed as a brother.. I can't live with that.

 I can't live with that

Noelle's POV.

Turning the knob I peek into the room, laying next to Gavin in the bed is an exhausted looking Isaac. His eyes appear to be red from crying and dark bags are under them. Entering the room, I close the door behind me and they both look over.

Gavin's eyes go wide as his eyes land on me, his arms shake as he holds them up, and I rush over to hug him. I try not to hug him too hard for fear that he'll break. He appears and feels more weak than when I had seen him earlier. How can someone go from being so full of life to barely being able to sit up straight?

"How are you feeling?" I murmur, pulling away from him.

"I'm o-okay, I'll tell R-Rose hi for y-you soon."

Isaac puts his head in his hands and my eyes flood with tears. He holds so much life and love inside of him. There are so many evil people in this world, yet one of the good ones, one of the pure ones are going to be taken away.. How is that fair?

"I'm going to go look for the nurse," Isaac blurts out, standing up. "See if she can give him something else for the pain."

Nodding I watch as he goes and Gavin latches onto my hand, "H-he's hurting."

"Yeah, I know."

He struggles to sit up, eventually settling for leaning forward. "Y-you will k-keep my promise?"

"Y-yes."

Before he can say anything else Gavin whimpers, holding onto his head. His face contorts into an expression of agony and my eyes widen. He weeps and I hug him, unable to do anything to help him. What have I gotten myself into?

Just as his cries begin to get louder two nurses rush into the room, followed by a frantic Isaac. He looks from me to his brother and his eyes swim with tears, threatening to spill over and pour down his already tear stained cheeks. I stand back as the nurses try to get Gavin under control, and once they do, they turn their attention onto Isaac.

"Mr. Williams, I understand as his guardian you want the best for him. It is recommended that we turn off life support, this is only delaying the inevitable. I'm so sorry that you have to hear it this way."

"We're not turning it-"

Pointing at Gavin's frail frame, I grab Isaac's wrist so that he can get a better look. "Isaac, look at him! He's in so much pain right now, do you want it to continue to be like this?"

He breaks down in tears and I embrace him, rubbing his back. The nurses exchange looks of discomfort, unsure as of what to say. Isaac pulls away from me and I shift awkwardly, avoiding his gaze.

"Stop the life support."

"I-I can't wait t-to meet R-rose."

And they do. 

A/N

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to
me! What do you guys think
of Gavin's death?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤