Chapter 15

Wish You Wouldn't, NF

Quote;

We always mistake the people who care,
with people who don't.

Chapter 15.

 The doctor, with the help of medical assistants, were quickly able to get Gavin under stable condition. How long that will last though.. no one can be quite sure. When the doctors left the room, Isaac didn't say a word to me. We had some sort of silent agreement, one that allowed me to stay with Gavin.

Unfortunately my time there was cut short, I had to see if Dad was alright. But due to my car not starting I've been stuck in a vehicle with Isaac for the last five minutes. Ever since we left the hospital he hasn't said a word to me. Definitely no complaints there.

Watching as raindrops hit against the window, I crack a smile. Mom and I always would go outside in the rain when I was little, no matter how cold it was. Sometimes she'd convince Dad to go out with us, we'd stay out there for hours just running around and jumping in the puddles. One of my best memories.

"He uh, he seemed happier."

"Huh?"

Isaac rakes his fingers through his hair, eyes trained on the road. "Gavin seemed to be a lot happier with you there. He don't get visitors and I can tell he enjoys having you around."

I place a hand over my heart, the other hitting against my cheek with a loud pop. "Is Isaac Williams actually complimenting my people skills, thought I'd never see the day!"

He snorts, turning onto another street. The corner of his mouth quirks up slightly, but that's all I see before his mouth presses into a thin line. Reaching over to the glove department, I peer inside to see him reach for a gun.

"Woah, dude, listen, the joke wasn't that serious! You ain't gotta shoot me for it!"

Not getting a chance to respond, a bullet whizzes past my ear and out the windshield. Okay, now I see why the gun's out. Isaac lets go of the wheel and I grab it, the car nearly hitting a mail box. Another gunshot is fired, but this time it's from him.

Oh God, please help, I'm so sorry I nearly stopped believing in you. I am so sorry, please get me out of this! I'll never do anything bad ever again, okay that's a lie, God I really need you to get me out of this one, alright?

Isaac's foot presses harder onto the pedal, making the car accelerate. Great, if whoever is shooting doesn't kill us, Lord knows he will. I always knew I'd die young, just didn't quite know how or when. Now I do, it's gonna be from messin' around with this idiot!

He sticks his head back in the car and smacks my hands away, steering the vehicle into ongoing traffic. God please, God please, God please, God- oh Lord help us all. He slams on the brakes and the both of us lurch forward, his head nearly slams against the steering wheel.

"WHY'D YOU STOP?! ARE YOU CRAZY, HAVE YOU LOST YOUR-"

"Calm down and -"

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN, YOU HAVE-"

Isaac puts his hand over my mouth and I continue to grumble angrily, whilst trying to pry his hand away. Eventually succumbing to his wishes I cross my arms over my chest, glaring in Isaac's direction. Despite having been shot at, he doesn't look the least bit phased.

He takes his hand away, frowning. "Look, I'm sorry you got all caught up in this today and had to be shot at. Girl like you probably ain't ever have to deal with stuf like this before, but -"