Chapter 33

Get Down, James Arthur

Quote;

Compassion you have for others,
Hardly shows about yourself.

Chapter 33.
     Isaac's POV.

 "I don't wanna argue," I state. "We were getting along okay once we left the apartment and now.. I just don't want to leave things like this."

"Is that your way of apologizing, if so it sucks." She spits out, beginning to close the door.

Quickly putting my foot in the way, my brows furrow. People have some nerve calling me difficult. Guess they haven't had the pleasure of meeting her.

"Please, just let me in."

Hesitating for a moment, Noelle lets me inside. Her eyes stay trained on me as I step in the doorway. She folds her arms across her chest, and my first instinct is to try and reassure her. Let her know that I'm sorry for blowing up.. but I don't.

"Last few times I was here, I never really recognized how nice of a home you have." I murmur, looking around.

"House."

"Huh?"

"It hasn't been a home in a long time, so don't call it that." She replies, heading into the living room.

I follow after her just in time to see her curl up on the couch. She gestures to the spot next to her, and I slowly sit down at the far end of the couch. Her brow arches curiously, but doesn't say anything about it.

Rubbing the palm of my hands on my jeans, I turn to look at her. "Why hasn't this been a home for you in a long time?"

"What was the answer to my question on the drive here?" She retorts bitterly.

"That isn't your concern."

I massage my temples, unsure of what else to say. How am I supposed to make her less angry with me? Why do I care?

"Home hasn't been the same since my mom died." She whispers, a lump seeming to form in her throat. "Mom was the glue that held us together."

"What was she like?"

"Full of life, always telling a story or making a joke. She knew just what to say when my day was crappy." She reminisces, fondly.

Wish I grew up with that..

"Where is she now?"

"Heaven." I hope.

Threading my fingers through my hair, I reach over and give her hand a gentle squeeze. "Don't think too much on it, I'm sure she is."

Uncertain as to what possesses her to do so, she moves closer to me. Her skinny frame curls up beside me, and I draw in a long breath. I wanted her to stop being mad at me, not invade my space.

"Do you have a family album?"

I shake my head, readjusting my body so that we aren't so close. "My family and I didn't do stuff like that."

Hell, things they did was of the physical and chemical variety.

"Oh."

"Are you gonna show me?"

Her eyes light up as she gets off the couch, and hurries up the stairs. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I pull it out, staring at the text. About time he got out.

Just when I'm about to text him back, Noelle comes running down the stairs and I hurry to lock my phone. She sits right next to me, opening the family album. Pointing at each of the pictures with a childish excitement, Noelle explains the day behind each picture.

Pointing at one of her baby pictures I snicker, "You were kinda cute as a baby. What happened?"

She elbows me in the side and I scrunch up my face in mock pain, Noelle giggles. I find myself staring at her longer than expected. She really did have a beautiful smile.

"Bet you were an ugly baby."

"But good looking now." I add with a wink, she closes the family album, face flushed.

"Whatever." She grumbles, reaching for the remote.

Taking it from her, my smirk widens. "I'm the guest, therefore I oughta choose what we watch."

"Ha! I'd hardly refer to you as a guest. My mama always told me to never feed strays, they always come back for more."

Noelle snatches the remote from me and I snatch it back. The two of us begin to wrestle with the remote, the two of us struggle to get the remote from the other. She laughs as I poke her sides, trying to get her to loosen her grip.

"Hey El- oh!"

Our heads swivel in the direction of Noelle's two friends. A guy trails in after them and I frown, unsure as to who he is. The two girls rush over to Noelle, pulling her into a tight hug.

Getting a better look at the person, I realize it's Marcus. After the girls are done crushing her, he gives her shoulder a squeeze. Sitting on the other side of her, she smiles at him.

The two girls turn to look at me and one of them give me a quick once over, "Why are you here?"

"Wasn't aware you lived here."

"Excuse her," The other girl interjects. "She was worried and your rep ain't the best if we being real."

Standing up I raise my hands in mock surrender, "I get it."

"Where are you going?" Noelle asks, brows raised.

"I'll be back."

I exit the room, their voices lowering to a whisper. Rolling my eyes, I step out of the house and on the porch. Closing the door behind me, I shiver, the cold not bringing me any relief.

Fumbling with the pack of cigarettes, I pull one out. This will have to tide me over until I can get the good stuff later.. I'm so glad Gavin can not see me now.

 I'm so glad Gavin can not see me now

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to
me! What do you guys think
of Isaac personally?

Do you know someone who has had a rough past or struggles to trust people?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

Have a Glamerous day!

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤