Chapter 7

Because Of You, Kelly Clarkson

Quote;

We laugh at our own insecurities
But behind closed doors we cry.

Chapter 7.

     I take a seat next to Brad, Paige sits on the other side of me. Right in between Stephen and I. I dig my hands into our shared popcorn and stuff a handful in my mouth. Paige's nose crinkles at the sight of small bits of popcorn falling out of my mouth.

    She looks down at the popcorn, for a moment all Paige does is stare. She grabs at a few of them, putting them into her mouth. Paige chews slowly and I smile at her, proudly. I squeeze her hand as we continue to watch the trailers.

     "So um.. are you a fan of horror movies?" Brad whispers.

     I shrug, scratching the back of my neck. "Not really, they're okay. Some of them are pretty predictable and-"

     "Hey!" Stephen hisses, glaring at the two of us. "Shut up the movie's starting."

     Jerk.

     Brad scratches his chin using his middle finger and I snort, the corner of his mouth slightly tilts up. Blushing a bright red I shove a handful of popcorn into my mouth. Paige glances in my direction, shaking her head, she smirks. As the lights turn off she begins to eat with me. All of our eyes focus on the large screen in front of us.

      During the course of the entire movie, to say I was bored would be an understatement. The trailer did look pretty epic on tv. But this, this movie was a complete let down. I mean seriously, if you hear some noise why would you run towards it?

     The short, plump woman quickly opens the door to the bedroom, knife in hand, moving slowly inside. What an idiot. If I heard one single bump, I would be running like my whole body was on fire.

      From the looks of it, Paige was not scared either. But as a blood soaked woman emerges from behind the curtains, she clings onto Stephen for dear life. Her nails dig into his jacket, and he puts an arm around her.

      Catching me looking at her, she grins. Paige leans into Stephen and I let out an inaudible sigh. That girl never seems to learn her lesson. I guess, neither do I.

      I turn my attention back to the screen, munching on my popcorn. I yawn as the woman on the screen lets out a scream of terror as she sprints down the hall. Oh now you wanna run?

      The woman falls and is dragged back down the hall by an invisible force. Holding the bucket of popcorn for Brad to grab some, he shakes his head, gently pushing it towards me. Shrugging I continue to eat, my eyes struggling to stay open.

     Worst. Movie. Ever.

     I should've gone to see LOTG, that movie would've definitely been a lot more fun compared to this. Even if it is a cartoon. I'm sure I would not be bored out of my mind watching it.

 I'm sure I would not be bored out of my mind watching it