Chapter 22

Hurts Like Hell, Fleurie

Quote;

Even those who have been cast out,
Don't always end up drowning.

Chapter 22.

I sit across from Dad in the kitchen, taking notice of his head in his hands. Reaching over to touch him, I withdraw my hand. "What's wrong, are you okay?"

Lifting his head to meet my gaze, he clears his throat. "I'm sorry, you should be enjoying your youth. Not in this house taking care of me and-"

"Don't bother." I reply, my tone more harsh than intended. "I'm getting used to it."

He twists the ring on his finger, "I uh- decided to take up counseling."

"Will you be going to rehab?"

"No, I want to be near you." He says quickly, "There's nothing wrong with me, I just need some counseling and I'll be able to better support the two of us. I'm really struggling at work and I'm not as good of dad as I could be but-"

Slamming my fist down onto the table, I stand up. "Do you even hear yourself? You're going to drink yourself to death, what then?! Who is going to take care of me?"

"That's not going to happen!" He shouts back, "Even if it does then.."

He stays silent for a moment and then he reaches for me, but I pull away from him. "It's like you don't give a damn about me, you're not the only one suffering!" I pull at my hair, my anger spiking. "You completely forget that I even exist!"

His eyes soften, "Noelle-"

"If you die then I'm going with you, you can't leave me here like mom did and I won't let you!"

Dad gets up and makes his way over to me, putting his arms around me. Whenever I did this, I used to feel secure. He always had a way of making me feel appreciated, but that person doesn't exist anymore. The girl I once was doesn't even exist anymore..

"Please don't leave me." I murmur softly, sniffling.

"Don't cry, okay? We'll be fine."

We'll never be fine, if it keeps being like this.

Pulling away from me, Dad grabs my shoulder and squeezes it affectionately. Kissing my forehead, he dabs at his eyes and brushes past me. He does this in a way that makes it seem like none of this ever happened. That I hadn't just screamed in his face, that he hadn't just sat here and once again made it clear that he wasn't going to fight..

So why am I?

 "I appreciate you taking me out and all, but where are we going?"

Brad leads me through the trees towards a clearing upon a hill, the view of the sunset is breathtaking. Wrapping my arms around myself, despite having a jacket, I sit down in the grass and stare out at the sky. Brad sits down next to me and I lay my head on his shoulder, unable to stop myself from smiling.

Crossing my ankles in front of myself, my eyes wander over each of the clouds, examining them. "Do you come here often?"

He shakes his head, "Not really, when I was younger I did with my parents. But they work more these days, so I come here when I get bored or just want to relive the past."

"Nice way to relive it, it's beautiful here."

His hand slips into mine I look down at our fingers as he laces them together. As soon as our eyes meet, I look away. He's seems like such a nice person but I'm not ready.. what if he turns out to be like Sebastian?

"You're really sweet," I murmur. "I like you but I'm just so confused lately and-"

He cuts me off with a small laugh and I frown, a smile forms on Brad's face as I stare at him in confusion. "I get it, you don't have to explain yourself to me."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Are we going to be here all night, because right now I'm hungry and will result to cannibalism if we don't go get something eat, like right now."

Brad laughs, getting up. Helping me off the ground, he puts an arm around my shoulder. "You really know how to keep a guy on his toes. I don't understand how anyone puts up with you." He playfully pokes me side and I chuckle.

"Because I'm just so amazing, obviously!"

"Right." He drawls.

We ended up going to KFC and eating some chicken before walking through the park. I enjoyed getting to know more about him during that time, he really is a decent guy and I love having him around. He checks his phone, and like a weirdo, I find myself staring at him for the fifth time today.

"I have to get home and babysit, wanna hangout again some other time?"

Nodding, I stand up. "Yeah, sure. I'll just walk home."

He raises a brow, walking to the door with me. "You sure?"

I pat my stomach, chuckling. "I should walk off this chicken anyways."

We exchange goodbyes and I head in the opposite direction of his car. By the time I make it to Jefferson street, I seat myself on the sidewalk. Despite having a pretty great afternoon I still can't help but feel.. upset. I know this isn't normal but I don't know how to feel any different than how I do now.

"Please don't leave me."

"Don't cry, okay? We'll be fine."

Oh the lies we tell just to try and make someone else feel better.

A/N

Thank you all so much for reading this chapter, it really means a
lot to me! What do you guys
think of Brad and
Noelle?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

Have a Glamerous day!

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤