Chapter 35

Boys Like You, Anna Clendening

Quote;

Making mistakes is apart of us,
It's apart of what makes us human.

Chapter 35.
      Noelle's POV.

Sitting down next to Isaac on the porch, he puts out his cigarette and tosses it into the grass. He looks up at the night sky and I follow his line of sight. Hugging my knees to my chest, I chew on my bottom lip, uncertain.

"Can you tell me about you?" I murmur.

He shrugs, "Depends what you want to know."

"Could you tell me about your family?"

Isaac rubs his hands together, his forehead creases as he jerks his head in my direction. His eyes flicker with that same uncertainty I'm so used to feeling. I nod slowly, in hopes of letting him know it's okay to open up.

"My mother and father," He scoffs. "If you can even call them that, were never married or anything. Ma was into drugs and heavy sh*t, my father he uh, he was her supplier." Isaac's fist clench and his nose flares. "They loved to tell me about how I was the biggest mistake they made.. how they should've aborted me."

"Isaac-"

He grits his teeth, his face screwing up in the process. "He had Gavin, another mistake. Couple years after he was born, I woke up and heard a scream. Someone was crying, begging. My ma was. The woman who I always wanted to protect me, even though she was one of the people who caused me pain. I still wanted her love. For her to be safe."

"What did you do?"

"He was beating her and I.. I shot him. Twice."

My jaw goes slack and my eyes widen, "You killed him?"

"No, hit him couple times in the back. He fell. She called the police on me. Said that I attacked him and that I was the one who was beating her. They fell for it. They believed it and I was sent to juvie."

Oh my God..

"Spent a couple years in there, and then when I got out and was put back into the home.. I'll never forget what I saw. Two days after I was given back to them, I heard Gavin crying. He was screaming so loud.. I walked in and there he was. My damn father.. on top of him, str-straddling him.. a f-f*cking toddler!" He croaks, stomping his foot on the bottom step. "And I couldn't do anything about it."

Wiping the tears away from my cheeks, I squeeze Isaac's hand. "G-Gavin sometimes had nightmares at night. H-he never told me what t-they were about.. but he mumbled in his sleep and the way he was so afraid of me whenever he woke up I knew what it was about. I l-look exactly like the monster that created me."

"You can't let that define you, you can't. It was out of your control." I whisper, gently rubbing his back. He leans closer to me and I wrap my arms around him. "You're not him. You're better than that."

He looks up at me through teary eyes, a ghost of a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. The smile quickly fades and he pulls away from me, the redness of his cheeks telling all. Standing up, Isaac readjusts his jacket and he clears his throat.

"I should get going.."

"Listen, I-"

"Thank you.. for listening."

"I- You're welcome.

 Knocking on Paige's front door, I am greeted by a short elderly woman

 Knocking on Paige's front door, I am greeted by a short elderly woman. She squints, looking me up and down. Her hazel colored eyes narrow for a brief moment, studying me intently.

"¿Quién eres y por qué estás aquí?" She states, frowning.

I really need to learn spanish..

Heidi and I exchange a look, a much taller woman appears behind her. She places a hand on the older woman's shoulder, moving in beside her. Smiling warmly, she addresses the both of us.

"Hola señoras, excuse my abuela. I am Paige's tía, she upstairs right now, you can join her."

We step in and send one last smile their way before hurrying up the stairs. Reaching Paige's bedroom door, Heidi enters and I follow after her. Heidi freezes, nearly causing me to bump into her.

Moving to get a better look, Paige's whole face drains of color as she pushes Stephen onto her bed. Heidi and I both exchange glares, directing ours in Stephen's direction. When is she going to realize he's not good for her?

Heidi turns and closes the door, folding her arms. "Let me guess, your family has no clue that he's in here."

Stephen rolls his eyes standing up, he puts an arm around Paige. "How about y'all go back to wherever you came from and mind your business. What we do isn't your problem." He gives Paige the side eye, pulling her closer. "Isn't that right beautiful?"

"Thought you didn't like big girls?" Heidi sneers, gesturing to Paige's figure. "Or are you just desperate for some attention so you went for the only girl who's vying for your attention?"

Paige shoves Heidi towards the door, her mouth set in a hard line. "So that's what you think of me, huh? You think I'm la puta, you think I'm a slut! Well f*ck you guys, you can get the hell out of my house!"

I stare at Paige, my eyes tight with concern and sympathy. Tears well up in Paige's eyes as she ushers us to the door, and I glance at Stephen, a huge smirk plastered on his face. The same look he had at the party when Paige had hurried over to him.

"He doesn't want you!" I blurt out before she slams the door in my face.

If only those words can sink in..

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to
me! What do you guys think of Paige and Stephen?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

Have a Glamerous day!

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤