Chapter 25

Truthfully, DNCE

Quote;

Never underestimate someone,
They just might surprise you.

Chapter 25.

"What do you mean I am?"

"I'm sorry, are you deaf?"

Snatching the gun from him, I scowl. "What's the point in doing this, just because it relieves your stress doesn't mean it's going to help me in any way."

Clearly ignoring me, Isaac explains and shows me the proper way I should be holding the gun and all the things I shouldn't be doing. To save you the drawn out explanation, I was basically doing everything I wasn't supposed to. Which doesn't surprise me one bit, I've never so much as held a gun before.

Stepping away from me, Isaac folds his arms across his chest. "Now just line up your shot and then pull the trigger, your end goal is to hit the can."

"Obviously."

"Well with how well you seem to process information, I thought I'd better tell you what your target is. Knowing you you'll get trigger happy and point it in my direction." He retorts, taking another step back.

I send a taunting smirk in his direction, "Don't give me any ideas."

Like an idiot I turn my attention back onto the cans and fire, the bullet whizzes past the can. A loud ringing goes off in my ears and Isaac stifles his laughter, walking over to me. Thrusting the gun in his direction, he lightly pushes my hand away.

He chuckles, watching my face contort into a grimace. "Want some help?"

"This is so stupid!"

"You were being reckless."

"You're one to talk."

Ignoring my comment, he once again fixes my stance. Stepping behind me, Isaac places his hands over my ears. "Just relax, give yourself some time to aim."

For once I do as Isaac says, focusing as much as I can. "Like this?"

"A little to the left.. okay good, shoot."

After a moments reflection I shoot at the can, the bullet whizzing past it. There's no point in me doing this, I just can't. Turning to face him I thrust the gun in his face once again, and like last time he doesn't accept it.

He purses his lips, unsatisfied. "You hesitated."

We stay out here for what feels like hours, but what has probably been thirty minutes. Again and again I continue to hesitate before shooting, and each time I do that, I miss. Shooting is my thing, I don't understand why he just can't get that.

Finally after missing for the tenth time, I hand the gun back to him. Isaac takes a beer from the case and cracks it open, putting the gun back on safety, he sits on the tree stump, right next to the can I have continued to fail at hitting. He's doing this to taunt me.. isn't he?

"Take me back to my house."

"Noelle-"

"I don't want to be out here, this whole day has been completely pointless!" I bark at Isaac, who appears to be unfazed. "I thought we were going to see your brother, but clearly we're not. You lied to me, but then again I'm not surprised. I'm sure you do that often. Now take me back!" I order, kicking the case of beers over.

He takes another sip from the can of beer, setting the gun down next to him. "I'm not going anywhere, if you want to go home you can walk yourself back. Pretty sure your place ain't too far from here."

"Fine, I will!"

Storming off in the direction we came, I wander around aimlessly. A shiver runs down my spine as a cool breeze whips past me. This is the last time I ever go anywhere with Isaac. He had some nerve using his own brother to lure me out of the house. He thinks he's so clever!

Unfortunately, I have no choice but to set off and find Isaac. Arriving back at the original spot, I find him in the same place where I left him. A smirk makes it way onto my face and anger stirs within me. How can he possibly find anything about this situation funny?

He holds out the gun in my direction and I shove my hands in my pockets, "I'm not doing anything, you're going to take me home, right now."

"Am I?"

"Yes."

Isaac swishes his drink around, staring at me intently. "No, I'm not. I didn't lie to you, technically we are going to see Gavin in a little bit. I have to pick him up from school. But this is something you need to do.. for yourself."

"How is this going to help me any way?"

"Noelle-"

"No, how is this going to help me? All I asked is to go home. Me shooting a stupid can isn't going to bring my mom back, isn't going to get my dad out of that hospital bed! That stupid can isn't going to make living any easier for me! How is it going to help me, huh?! How?"

Standing up, Isaac takes a few steps towards me and wipes the tears away from my cheeks. This just may be the first time in a while these tears weren't of sadness, but of anger. Anger with how this life is mine, how I'm the one always picking up the pieces.. That shouldn't be my job, yet it is..

"Take me home."

Isaac puts the gun in my hand and he smiles. This wasn't a smile that taunted me, one that would make my anger boil. This was a simple smile, dimples and all, that let me know one thing. This is exactly the moment he had waited for.. but why?

"One more try, that's all I ask. Don't hesitate."

He steps behind me and presses his hands over my ears, and I once again make sure my posture is correct. Taking a deep breath, I wait for him to tell me what to do. Last try Elle, last try.

"Shoot."

I do, and this time I don't miss.

Feeling myself smile through the tears I turn to see Isaac grabbing the case of beer. He looks back at me and gestures for me to follow after him, though his expression was neutral, his eyes gleam. "Come on, I gotta go pick up my brother."

And I follow.

Don't hesitate.

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to
me! What do you think
of Isaac?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

Have a Glamerous day!

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤