Chapter 37

Let Me Love The Lonely,
James Arthur

Quote;

The worries that you have will fade,
But not when you see things in gray.

Chapter 37.
      Noelle's POV.

 After several long weeks in the hospital, Dad finally allows visitors. As I draw closer to his room, my mouth begins to feel dry. Biting on my lip I stand outside his door, not sure as to what awaits me once I go inside.

Twisting the knob I open the door and there he is, sitting up in the bed. Without uttering a single word he opens his arms, his bottom lip trembling. I waste no time in rushing to his side, happiness streaking through me as tears of joy escape my eyes.

He hugs me tighter, sobs escaping his lips. Pulling away from her I examine his frame, for once in what feels like forever he doesn't look weak at all. Dad cups my face in his hands and he leans in, kissing my forehead.

"I'm so sorry, honey." He murmurs, wiping at his tears. "I-I'm gonna get help."

"Does that mean-"

"I'm going to rehab."

Sitting beside him, I grab both of his hands, squeezing firmly. "You're actually going to get help this time? You're not going to back out or anything?"

He shakes his head, tears shimmering in his eyes. "After I woke up in h-here and reflected on everything.. I realized then how much pain I've been causing you. I-I never meant for any of this to happen, for my drinking to get so out of hand."

"I love you."

"I love you too, honey."

The door opens and I turn to see Cathy entering, holding a pie in her hands. She smiles in our direction, closing the door behind her. Setting the pie on the counter, she hurries over to Dad's side, planting a quick kiss on his cheek.

I stare between the two of them, frowning. What is she doing here? Cathy looks up at me and grins, gesturing to the pie on the counter. "It's apple, would you like some?"

"No thanks."

"Noelle, as you were told previously Cathy and your mom were very close. Cathy is your god mother, she'll be looking after you while I'm in rehab. I hope you listen to her and do as you're told."

"But Dad-"

"Noelle."

Heaving a sigh, my shoulders slump. "Yeah, fine."

Cathy walks over to where I am seated, she places a gentle hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry, I know that I can never replace your mother. But while your father is gone, I'll look after you. It'll all be good, you'll see!" She settles, eyes warm with affection.

Great, just great.

Staring at her grave my eyes water, Isaac rests his hand on my shoulder and I inch closer in his direction

Staring at her grave my eyes water, Isaac rests his hand on my shoulder and I inch closer in his direction. My eyes skim over the words on his tombstone, quickly averting to the flowers on her grave. Just like mom, they are dead.

Isaac puts his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer. "How'd she die?"

"Suicide." I force out, wiping at my eyes.

"I'm sure she wouldn't want you to feel like this, Noelle."

Pulling away from Isaac, I thrust my finger in the direction of her tombstone. "My mother is dead, Isaac! How am I supposed to feel, huh?!"

I didn't see the signs of her depression, didn't understand how she could do such a thing. But now that I look back on that day I realize that prior to it, she slept more often and didn't smile as much as she always did. Her lips would curl into a smile, but her eyes told a different story.. Why did I wait so long to see it?

"I found her.. I couldn't save her." I whisper. "She's dead because of me, because I was too stupid to see the signs of her depression and now.. she's gone. I'll never see her again."

"It's not your fault, you can't blame yourself for that."

"It is my fault, it-"

His lips capture mine in a tender kiss, making me gasp in shock. Closing my eyes, my insides do somersaults as he holds me closer. Isaac's lips lingering for a moment before pulling away, leaving me gasping for air.

I slowly open my eyes to see him staring at me, Isaac's expression softens. "None of this is your fault, she just didn't think there was any other option. There was nothing you could've done to save her, Noelle. It's not your fault. You can wish all you want for things to have been different, but that's something you just can't change."

"Y-yeah.." I clear my throat, "Thank you for c-coming with me. I-I think we should go now."

Isaac nods before walking ahead of me, still dazed from the kiss. Noticing my absence at his side only a few feet away, Isaac turns around, gesturing for me to follow him. When my feet still don't move, he raises a brow.

"Are you coming or should I leave you?"

"N-no, I'm coming."

He smirks, "Good, there's somewhere I want to take you, or are you not up for it?

"I'm sorry is that a challenge?"

Isaac winks, "Maybe."

Descending across the cemetery towards his parked car, I hurry in order to catch up to him. Isaac has an interesting way of getting me motivated, and I can't help but find it intriguing. I kinda like it.

 I kinda like it

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to
me! Whose point of view
do you like the most?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

Have a Glamerous day!

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤